Reverting my iOS

I just installed iOS 17 last night. iOS is very interesting. However, it has some disadvantages. I haven’t fully made up my mind, and I haven’t seen a way to do this. Is there a way to revert your current iOS installation, and is there a way to go back to the ones before iOS 16, like iOS 15 or 14?

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 12:27 PM

6 replies

Sep 19, 2023 12:40 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I did the software upgrade to OS 17 on XR. All my apps which include apple's, freeze, blank screens, takes a long time to open apps and it takes a long time to add pic to imessage. I've had to delete and reinstall apps per developers, turn off, restart phone and yet issues still remain. Hopefully since we can't revert back to OS 16, a fix is coming out soon.

Sep 19, 2023 12:47 PM in response to Griverajr

Griverajr wrote:

I did the software upgrade to OS 17 on XR. All my apps which include apple's, freeze, blank screens, takes a long time to open apps and it takes a long time to add pic to imessage. I've had to delete and reinstall apps per developers, turn off, restart phone and yet issues still remain. Hopefully since we can't revert back to OS 16, a fix is coming out soon.

I experienced none of those problems. It did take awhile (15-20 minutes)after the update finished for all the aps to become available again.

It's unusual but sometimes an upgrade just goes wrong. When that happens, restore your phone using your computer. Then reload your back up. That usually sets things to rights.

Reverting my iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.