You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to cancel to "hint" app that just started charging me after free trial. I do not want this app or to pay for it

I would like to cancel my "hint" app and subscription. My minor child put it on my phone for a seven day free trial, and I've been trying to cancel that ever since they charged me. How do I do this and I should get a refund of my money how do I get that?

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 4:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2023 12:10 AM

This is definitely a scam app. I am not sure how apple is still allowing it to be on the App Store. The website or App does not have any option to either contact support or cancel a subscription (it says there is no active subscription but I am getting charged weekly!)

5 replies

Sep 20, 2023 1:12 PM in response to Golden_goddess_t

This person recently posted how they were able to cancel the Hint subscription. Perhaps this will work for you! Good luck.

Cancelling Hint App Subscription - Apple Community

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.5.2;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 10; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 17; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 17; HomePods, audioOS 17 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Dec 10, 2023 2:15 PM in response to Roobylu

I also just started getting charged weekly and I really need my money back. I don’t have another week for them to take from me. I’m stranded at work because they stole my last $20. I really don’t know what to do. Like I soon as my sister sent it to me they took it and I canceled the subscription. I was unable to even download it on my phone because I have a Apple phone the app does it exist for Apple users and when I go on the website the website doesn’t work it goes in circles so they just took $20 from me for something that is not worth $20

Sep 20, 2023 4:49 AM in response to Golden_goddess_t

If you have received an invoice from Apple, on every invoice from the Apple Store and/or iTunes Store always states what you have purchased (and/or concerns a subscription) and the amount.

Tap on Report a problem on the invoice.

Or try to ->  Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple.

Request a refund for apps or content you've bought from Apple – Apple Support (UK)

If you have requested a refund, you must wait until Apple has approved. Then you will receive a message from Apple.

Refunds are not guaranteed. For more information, see the Terms & Conditions.

If the invoice has to do with an app that has a subscription associated with it, see -> Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -> Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

• If you delete an app, it doesn’t cancel in-app subscriptions that you might have. While deleting an app, you might see a Cancel Subscriptions option. Learn how to cancel your subscriptions.

If you don't want to continue a subscription you need always to cancel that subscription in time, see the following Apple articles:

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

If the subscription that you want to cancel is not listed

If the subscription that you want to cancel is not listed – Apple Support (UK)

My minor child put it on my phone

To avoid the case in the future, see ⤵️

If other people have access to your iPhone or other Apple device, change the device passcode and never share it with others.

Change your Passcode -> Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Change your Apple ID password -> Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

• Create a strong password for your Apple ID, It is best if your password consists of eight or more characters and include upper and lowercase letters, and at least one number. You can also add extra characters and punctuation marks to make your password even stronger. 
  • Never provide your password, passcode, security questions, verification codes, recovery key or any other account security details to anyone else. Apple will never ask you for this information.

Then see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases

Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases - Apple Support

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Prevent in-app purchases from the App Store

Prevent in-app purchases from the App Store – Apple Support (UK)

if you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service or check -> here for more support and assistance.

Trying to cancel to "hint" app that just started charging me after free trial. I do not want this app or to pay for it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.