You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cancelling Hint App Subscription

It seems I'm not the only one who has been paying for months for the Hint app/subscription without any means to really cancel it. It's supposedly free with the option to cancel subscription at any time. Hopefully Apple will remove that app soon as it's a complete scam.

Anyways, wanted to just share what worked for me to cancel (although time will tell - I'll make sure to update here again in future on further feedback):

1. Go to the Hint website https://hint.app
  2. Chat to the bot, follow cancel subscription prompts
  3. It may tell you (like it did with me) that you are not registered via their mobile (which I was) but rather registered via their web.  Accept it and view web prompts
  4. It will then give you a personal subscription portal link (Mine was https://hint-us.chargebeeportal.com/portal/v2/login?forward=portal_main) where you will be supplying your email address and login via an OTP.
  5. I was albe to cancel from here.  Hope the same works for you.

Good luck!

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 7:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2024 8:18 AM

This company is scamming people. I don’t have an account and didn’t authorize payment but they keep pulling money from my account. I looking into seeking counsel. As this is not right.

Similar questions

66 replies

Jan 14, 2024 7:51 PM in response to Yt2911

This didn't work for me, I tried the cancellation bot and it says I don't have an account, then I tried that link that the OP posted and it says "Looks like you don’t have an account with us". Is there another way to cancel with them!?! I'm so frustrated and I can't believe I fell for this scammy company.

Jun 25, 2024 2:52 PM in response to lana841

The hint is a complete scam they should be banned from Apple Pay. They seem to be conducting some fraudulent activities by attracting customers under a free trial in which it ends up being charged for transactions that you didn’t approve or authorise. The customer service is complete scam as a soon as you raise the issue with them they respond that they do not offer any refund according to their policies. The Financial Conduct Authorities and the Consumer Protection Agencies should take actions against this fraudulent company and stop them from conducing their scamming business! I have had a terrible experience with this company and I would not recommend anyone to use them or their service.

[Edited by Moderator]

Jun 6, 2024 12:44 PM in response to lana841

I foolishly also signed up for the Hint app. I never received their welcome email & couldn't find the subscription anywhere on any of my devices. I wrote to hint.app and thought I had cancelled my subscription. I even took a screengrab of their cancellation notice. I was still charged during their "free" trial period days later. So, I got back on the website where a bot told me that I was charged as I never cancelled. Very frustrating. I think I've protected myself with my bank to refuse additional charges, but I agree that Apple should not offer this fraudelnt app.

I reported the Hint App as a scam to Instagram.

Cancelling Hint App Subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.