HomePod Original

Since doing the update this week, my original HomePod has started making a beeping noise every 30 seconds or so. I have reset it several times but it hasn’t resolved the problem. Any suggestions?

HomePod, 17

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 8:19 PM

You can try unplugging it for over 24 hrs, plug back in and then try the hard reset by pressing the top method:

1. Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini. Wait 10 seconds, then plug HomePod back in.
  2. Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger.

This fixed mine when it popped. I hope it can fix yours as well.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2023 8:19 PM in response to Fenton70

You can try unplugging it for over 24 hrs, plug back in and then try the hard reset by pressing the top method:

1. Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini. Wait 10 seconds, then plug HomePod back in.
  2. Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger.

This fixed mine when it popped. I hope it can fix yours as well.

Sep 21, 2023 3:05 PM in response to Fenton70

This could be a hardware issue - you should probably contact Apple Support. Try searching the internet for "Homepod popping noise" but the main advice is to re-set the Homepod - which you have already tried.

For what it is worth, my four Original Homepods have updated to OS 17 without issues (touch wood!). Indeed, it has fixed a volume control bug with stereo Homepods.

HomePod Original

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.