Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing rows in Pages tables

When I have lots of rows in a table in Pages, the last ones disappear. They're definitely there because I can scroll down to them via the arrow keys, but I can't edit or see them. There doesn't seem to be anything in the Help menu about it. It's driving me nuts - please help!

I'm using Ventura 13.5; Pages 13.1.

Thank you!

MacBook Air, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 6:27 AM

With the table selected, and if the rows exceed the page height, when you have the Arrange panel Text Wrap set to anything but Inline with Text, the table rows are truncated at the bottom of the current page. This will also be true if Object Placement is set to Stay on Page.

When you insert a table, its default Arrange panel settings are Object Placement: Move with Text and Text Wrap: Inline with Text. These settings allow the table to flow smoothly across page boundaries as its rows exceed the page height.

Add or delete a table in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2023 6:27 AM in response to Ceciaisfab

With the table selected, and if the rows exceed the page height, when you have the Arrange panel Text Wrap set to anything but Inline with Text, the table rows are truncated at the bottom of the current page. This will also be true if Object Placement is set to Stay on Page.

When you insert a table, its default Arrange panel settings are Object Placement: Move with Text and Text Wrap: Inline with Text. These settings allow the table to flow smoothly across page boundaries as its rows exceed the page height.

Add or delete a table in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

Feb 14, 2024 4:31 PM in response to MamaOLala

We aren't Apple employees here, and we have no influence on Apple. We're just volunteering to share what we know. If you are convinced that no changes within the boundaries of what Pages, or Numbers, can do are going to be acceptable, then we can't help.

Things you can do to squeeze the maximum Table content into a page are:

Resize the columns to give the ones with the most content the most space.

Shrink the Document Margins

Decrease the Print Zoom setting, or Use Smaller fonts

Try U. S. Legal, if your printer supports it.

Think about using Landscape Orientation.

If you're not going to print to paper, change your document size to whatever works. (About the same as changing the zoom.)

Starting a question of your own can be effective because the different Problem Description may attract someone with a better answer.

Best,

Jerry

Disappearing rows in Pages tables

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.