Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Calendar Complication not showing events from all calendars

I have an SE that just updated to iOs10. The calendar complication on all watch faces is set for “your schedule”. It’s now only showing events from my personal calendar. Work events are showing up as “Up Next” in the Smart Stack, so why aren’t they in the complication? Makes the Your Schedule option pretty useless.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 9

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 12:37 PM

Here is how I was able to fix it.

Edit the Watch Fact On the Watch.

1. Press and Hold the watch Face
  2. select edit
  3. swipe right to left untill you get to the complications
  4. Tap the Complication
  5. Swipe down and select the event

For me that fixed the issue. If you go back to edit the face in your phone, it shows a new option that you can not select if it is not already selected. It was called Calendar. If you select schedule while editing the face on your phone your going to have to go back on the watch directly and repeat above.

Hope this helps someone else!

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2023 12:37 PM in response to RedJessie

Here is how I was able to fix it.

Edit the Watch Fact On the Watch.

1. Press and Hold the watch Face
  2. select edit
  3. swipe right to left untill you get to the complications
  4. Tap the Complication
  5. Swipe down and select the event

For me that fixed the issue. If you go back to edit the face in your phone, it shows a new option that you can not select if it is not already selected. It was called Calendar. If you select schedule while editing the face on your phone your going to have to go back on the watch directly and repeat above.

Hope this helps someone else!

Oct 26, 2023 11:28 AM in response to RedJessie

I was having this same problem and it was driving me crazy. I'm not sure if this will work for you, but I just got mine to start working again. I have multiple Gmail accounts and I would share calendar access between all of them so if I wanted to, I could just see all of my events on the same calendar by selecting each calendar in the left column of google calendar under "My calendars". Usually I would only have the main calendar selected on each account, but this made it easy to see all events on one calendar if I wanted to instead of switching back and forth on tabs. Previously this has never posed an issue, however, recently my calendar events stopped showing. All except my co-worker's calendar, which you said was happening to you per your comment on October 6th and it got me thinking, why would there's work and not mine? What's different? Could it be me having multiple iterations of the same calendar in iCal?

So I clicked the Calendars at the bottom of iCal on my iPhone and made sure each iteration of said calendar was selected. This fixed the problem, but it would also then duplicate the event for however many iterations I have of the calendar I had. So I decided to go into each Gmail account and remove access for all my duplicates and now it works again! Each calendar will show an event in the complication so long as there is only one iteration in the iCal app. Does this make sense?

I can no longer see all my calendars in one place on a web browser, which sucks. But at least I have the complication functioning again which I look at all the time. This is still something Apple needs to fix so I can start sharing calendars between Gmail accounts again. This had never been a problem in the previous 7 years of having an Apple Watch and needs to be fixed.

Oct 5, 2023 11:40 AM in response to OrigamiFan1

Updated to 10.0.1 (don’t have option for .2 yet) on Apple 8 45 mm. The Your Schedule complication is NOT showing up at a glance. Calendar in my sub stacks though but that’s a pain to always have to swipe up to see what’s next. I like just being able to glance at it. This is a MAJOR issue. I’ve rebooted twice; changed watch faces and still nothing. 🤦‍♀️🙄

Nov 14, 2023 5:20 PM in response to Kriegenberger

My personal calendar is Apple, and work calendar is Outlook (M365). With the former now linked to the latter, I can select both as calendars on my phone, and using the Outlook complication rather than the Calendar complication, I'm back to usual functionality.

Phone is now 17.1.1 and watch is 10.1.1, and I tried reverting back to the original config and its still a bug.

There is a related discussion here, someone says they finally got through to someone at Apple who admitted they are aware of the situation. so fingers crossed its fixed soon.

Nov 21, 2023 3:12 PM in response to RedJessie

This exact thing was happening to me and I have a solution. If you are sharing/delegating your multiple calendars to each other, there's a bug where only one of them will display in the actual watch face complication. In other words, if you go into the calendar on your watch, you'll see a stack of all the right events for all of your multiple calendars, but you won't see them on the face.

Here's what I did:

1. Remove cross-delegations in Google calendar on desktop (i.e., I have a work and personal calendar, and I was sharing my personal one with my work account)
  2. Open the Google Calendar iOS app, and uncheck any other people's calendars you may have open (like I had one of my co-worker's up). The only things you should have checked are your own calendars.
  3. Go to the Watch app, go to calendar settings, and hit "mirror my iPhone"

This is what worked for me.

Oct 27, 2023 10:22 PM in response to RedJessie

What helped me:

I have one private Google account and one for business. The private calendar is shared with the business one, but only the business showed up on my watch, and I added both Google accounts to my phone and watch.

The fix the problem I went to the following page and logged in with the business account which calendar showed up: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/syncselect and I removed the private one in this setting. This fixed the problem completely for me

Jan 5, 2024 3:02 AM in response to RedJessie

So....I have the same issues below, (only some of my calendars are syncing to my complication), but also had an issue that my watch calendar colors were different from the colors of the calendars on my iPhone. I happened on this solution for the watch calendar color issue, and it has also solved my complication issue! A super simple fix, so if it works, please upvote and/or spread it around. Posting it here so that the fantastic Jamie Shaw gets the credit for the solution!

Dec 22, 2023 12:59 PM in response to Kriegenberger

This solution worked for me! (Pretty big software oversight, imo)

But I did one step different -- instead of changing any calendar settings on my phone, I:

• went into the Watch app on the phone
  • went into Calendar settings
  • - changed it from "Mirror", to "Custom"
  • - - then in Custom settings, I made sure to select the duplicated calendar entries for every shared instance

So now my watch complication FINALLY shows my "next events", my phone shows everything as it used to, BUT when going into the actual calendar app on the watch itself, I'll of course now be seeing the duplicates.

There may also be more of a delay for events to update between phone and watch now, but I've only had this changed for 30min now, so who knows

Mar 22, 2024 3:33 AM in response to RedJessie

I found a solution to this and it was because I had multiple calendars in my calendar setup that were cross Synced. I have a home Gmail account and a Work gmail account, both with calendars shared back to each other. I think this is what is causing the conflicting issue.

My solution was to only set One of the accounts to be my calendar master. To do this:

On your phone go to Settings.

Select Calendar

Select Accounts

Choose your Primary Gmail account which you want to have the calendar synced - Make sure that is selected with Calendar Enabled.

Choose your secondary Gmail account and disable the Calendar.

Once I did that my complication for Calendar started working again. Hope that helps.

Sep 25, 2023 3:02 PM in response to RedJessie

Hello RedJessie,

For help with the calendar complication on your Apple Watch be sure the latest watchOS 10 version is installed. If needed, the article here can assist: Update your Apple Watch

You can also find security release update details here: Apple security releases

If you check the article here: Check and update your calendar on Apple Watch and all your settings are correct, reach out to Apple directly to report the issue and further assist. You can get connected using the link here: Get Support

Best.

Apr 8, 2024 12:46 AM in response to RedJessie

I had the same issue as above. here's what worked for me:

• I have a work profile and a personal profile in my Google Calendar
  • I share calendars between the two - so my main work calendar is also shared to my personal Gmail. This allows me to see all my events (work+personal) on my personal calendar
  • I had set both calendars to sync into Apple Calendar on my iPhone. That means I for example show my work calendar twice, but on the iPhone calendar that's not a problem - I just deselect one, and that works fine. The Apple Calendar widget on eg the iPhone lock screen also handles this fine
  • But in the Apple Watch calendar complication, it was now only showing my personal calendar, not my work calendars
  • Because I share my work calendar to the personal calendar, it was therefore easy enough for me to simply deselect the calendar sync under iPhone settings -> Calendar -> Accounts -> work account -> Calendars

Maybe it'll work for others, too - assuming you can also work with the sharing of calendars within Google Cal.

Sep 27, 2023 1:09 AM in response to RedJessie

I have a new Apple Watch 9 on 10.0.2 and want get my calendar to show in the scheduling complication... which has been a problem since the early betas.

Appointments are showing on the calendar app and in smart stacks but not in the complication on the Home Screen.

There was a day last week when it worked but unfortunately it didn't continue to do so...

Strangely it will show my PAs appointments but none from any of my accounts.

Oct 6, 2023 11:17 AM in response to sbullerdiek

Just to rub salt in the wound, I got delegate access on someone else’s work calendar yesterday and their appts are now showing. Mine still aren’t. I’ve created test events and moved them from calendar to calendar and some show up and others don’t. There’s not a lot of noise about it though. We must be the only people that like that complication.

Calendar Complication not showing events from all calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.