Standby mode will only show calendar and clock

I don’t use my iPhone calendar but I use Things 3 everyday as my go to tool

ios17 is allowing is a clock in USA and Apple calendar.

so far cannot see the point of standby mode I may as well just leave the screen on.

Is any thought given to alleged upgrades

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 9:18 AM

Williamwj wrote:

Not what I am saying . I can use it but it only shows time in USA time hate to say it but it’s not the only country in the world and only shows a calendar I don’t use.

It sounds like you're using the "City" clock widget. Go into the editing mode, tap on the clock widget and it will flip over. You can then type in your preferred city. Or, switch to a different clock widget entirely.

As far as the calendar goes, it's just a calendar. If the app you prefer has a standby widget, use that. Or, delete the calendar widget entirely and put something else there (Weather? Photos?)

So for me so far I cannot see what the new version brings to me but like all things I am sure a workaround will come along at some point

It sounds as if Standby is working exactly as designed on your device. If you have suggestions for Apple to make it better, use the feedback portal:

Product Feedback - Apple

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2023 9:18 AM in response to Williamwj

Williamwj wrote:

Not what I am saying . I can use it but it only shows time in USA time hate to say it but it’s not the only country in the world and only shows a calendar I don’t use.

It sounds like you're using the "City" clock widget. Go into the editing mode, tap on the clock widget and it will flip over. You can then type in your preferred city. Or, switch to a different clock widget entirely.

As far as the calendar goes, it's just a calendar. If the app you prefer has a standby widget, use that. Or, delete the calendar widget entirely and put something else there (Weather? Photos?)

So for me so far I cannot see what the new version brings to me but like all things I am sure a workaround will come along at some point

It sounds as if Standby is working exactly as designed on your device. If you have suggestions for Apple to make it better, use the feedback portal:

Product Feedback - Apple

Sep 20, 2023 8:55 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

They have. Looking into discussions further it appears unless I go out and buy another phone so ie upgrade most of the updates are not going to work fully on my iPhone.

Somewhat reluctant to buy a new phone when there is nothing wrong with my iPhone 13

Like many of these upgrades they are dreamt up by people who don’t actually understand real world settings

Sep 20, 2023 9:11 AM in response to Williamwj

Keep in mind this is a brand new feature and app developers, may not have updates for their apps ready for Standby Mode. It's up to the add developers of 3rd party applications to update their apps. It's not up to Apple as they don't own Things 3. Of course Things 3 may never bring something to Standby Mode at all, but it's still up to them.

Standby mode will only show calendar and clock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.