Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Why is there a green dot on my lockscreen?

Why is there a green dot on my lock screen with iOS 17?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 11:29 AM

A green dot in the status bar of your iPhone on iOS 14 or later indicates that either the camera is being used or the camera and microphone are being used. About the orange and green indicators in your iPhone status bar - Apple Support

You can swipe down from the top-right corner of your iPhone's display (or bottom, on iPhone SE) to see what app is using the camera. Access Control Center on your iPhone - Apple Support

Considering you are on the lock screen, the green dot likely indicates that you briefly opened the camera by swiping left. Access features from the iPhone Lock Screen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2023 11:29 AM in response to kingbaritone

A green dot in the status bar of your iPhone on iOS 14 or later indicates that either the camera is being used or the camera and microphone are being used. About the orange and green indicators in your iPhone status bar - Apple Support

You can swipe down from the top-right corner of your iPhone's display (or bottom, on iPhone SE) to see what app is using the camera. Access Control Center on your iPhone - Apple Support

Considering you are on the lock screen, the green dot likely indicates that you briefly opened the camera by swiping left. Access features from the iPhone Lock Screen - Apple Support

Why is there a green dot on my lockscreen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.