Bizarre music playing over tv+ content

I started to watch the latest show of Invasion last night. Immediately, a weird soundtrack that seemed totally unrelated to the show started to play, drowning out the dialogue. I hit pause and it stopped. Started again and it continued playing. I tried playing 3 or 4 other TV+ shows and same thing. When hit pause, it stopped. Hit play and it resumed. Did not happen in other Apple TV apps like Prime or YouTube TV. Just in Apple TV+ programs. I had to watch Invasion on my iPad. My Apple TV settings are all up to date.

Where in the world is this music coming from? What can I do?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 11

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 12:22 PM

I haven't yet watched Invasion but on a number of other shows I tried they played without issue. An update for TVOS 17 was just released so you can always make sure you're up to date on that as well as doing a reboot. Beyond that I would advise contacting Apple support.

5 replies

Sep 20, 2023 12:26 PM in response to vazandrew

I'll update to TVOS 17. I'm afraid to call Apple Support because the people who answer the phones these days are so dreadful, it would be a waste of time. In years past, you could get to a backline subject matter expert but no more. The front line people are so inexperienced it's painful. It's a shame. Apple Support used to be the Gold Standard. No more.

Sep 20, 2023 12:35 PM in response to Westsider64

I'm sorry to hear of that experience, I only attest to my own but most of mine have been were positive. You can always request to escalate to a more senior advisor if you are not getting the support you need, with certain reps it may just need persistence. Unfortunately, if an issue such as this persists then that is the best way to make them aware and ensure an investigation.

Bizarre music playing over tv+ content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.