Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV taking on a life of its own

Anyone else have their Apple TV start playing a sort of Jazz type song at COMPLETE random that’s starts BLARING through the TV??

I’m a bit worried my device itself is somehow hacked. Because I was just watching Netflix, and all of a sudden it was as if someone clicked “Menu” to go back; which I touched nothing in my remote or iPhone.

First this jazzy, awful song, keeps randomly playing through my Apple TV only...And now Netflix is having a mind of its own and going back a screen.

Am I crazy? Am I the only one this is happening to??

Apple TV 4, tvOS 13

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 10:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 3:52 AM

Either someone is messing with you, or someone is unintentionally streaming to your device via your network, and/or your settings are way too lenient.

• An Apple Remote (aluminum) may operate the Apple TV (4th generation or later) without pairing, but it requires line of sight (infrared). You can tape off the IR receiver to prevent it.
  • Another Siri Remote may operate the Apple TV (4th generation or later) after pairing, requiring close interaction and seeing what happens on screen. But only one Siri Remote can be actively paired at one time.
  • Another user with the Apple TV Remote app may operate the Apple TV (4th generation or later) after pairing though an on-screen code (requires sight of the tv screen). It also requires being on the same home network, thus knowing your Wi-Fi credentials.
  • Another user may use AirPlay according to your Apple TV’s AirPlay settings. You can allow everyone, or anyone on your network, or anyone nearby, or after entering a password, or HomeKit home users.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 3:52 AM in response to Laura8809

Either someone is messing with you, or someone is unintentionally streaming to your device via your network, and/or your settings are way too lenient.

• An Apple Remote (aluminum) may operate the Apple TV (4th generation or later) without pairing, but it requires line of sight (infrared). You can tape off the IR receiver to prevent it.
  • Another Siri Remote may operate the Apple TV (4th generation or later) after pairing, requiring close interaction and seeing what happens on screen. But only one Siri Remote can be actively paired at one time.
  • Another user with the Apple TV Remote app may operate the Apple TV (4th generation or later) after pairing though an on-screen code (requires sight of the tv screen). It also requires being on the same home network, thus knowing your Wi-Fi credentials.
  • Another user may use AirPlay according to your Apple TV’s AirPlay settings. You can allow everyone, or anyone on your network, or anyone nearby, or after entering a password, or HomeKit home users.

Apple TV taking on a life of its own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.