Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iCloud Drive didn’t sync all my files.

I am trying to sync all my files from iCloud Drive to my iMac macOS Ventura desktop. It synced most of them but I have a handful of folders on the the desktop with a cloud icon and down arrow. I was told to just click on the cloud once and it would download them to the desktop.

i did this, about 8 folders and it looks like it started to download but it’s not going anything. The pie graph has a sliver of progress but not moving.

I clicked on the pie graph next to iCloud Drive sidebar then clicked the red x next to each folder to cancel it. Then I tried just one folder by itself by clicking on the cloud icon. It took awhile but it finally downloaded the entire file.

I have the iCloud settings set to keep the originals on my iMac and sync documents and desktop to iCloud.

My question is why it wouldn’t download all 8 at the same time? It seems ridiculous that I have to do them individually. Shouldn’t it be automatic anyways once I’m signed into iCloud and have keep originals on my Mac selected in iCloud settings?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 6:37 AM

You need high network speed , each folder contains massive files so syncing will take time see Get file, folder and disk information on Mac - Apple Support

Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

iCloud Drive lets you securely access all of your documents from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Windows PC.

When you sign in to iCloud, you have access to iCloud Drive. With iCloud Drive, you can keep files and folders up to date across all of your devices, share files and folders with friends, family, or colleagues, and more.

You can store files* in iCloud Drive as long as they're 50GB or less in size and you don't exceed your iCloud storage limit. If you need more iCloud storage, you can upgrade to iCloud+. With iCloud+, you can also share iCloud storage with your family, without sharing your files. Learn more about prices in your region.

*Avoid storing app folders, libraries, .tmp, .vmdk, .vmware, .vbox, .vm, and .pvm files in iCloud Drive.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2023 6:37 AM in response to erich276

You need high network speed , each folder contains massive files so syncing will take time see Get file, folder and disk information on Mac - Apple Support

Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

iCloud Drive lets you securely access all of your documents from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Windows PC.

When you sign in to iCloud, you have access to iCloud Drive. With iCloud Drive, you can keep files and folders up to date across all of your devices, share files and folders with friends, family, or colleagues, and more.

You can store files* in iCloud Drive as long as they're 50GB or less in size and you don't exceed your iCloud storage limit. If you need more iCloud storage, you can upgrade to iCloud+. With iCloud+, you can also share iCloud storage with your family, without sharing your files. Learn more about prices in your region.

*Avoid storing app folders, libraries, .tmp, .vmdk, .vmware, .vbox, .vm, and .pvm files in iCloud Drive.

iCloud Drive didn’t sync all my files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.