Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a situation to move all files form gDrive to iCloud

I want to move "all" my files from google drive to icloud but here is where I'm having a problem.

I have google drive installed in my Mac and can see it in the side bar.

when opened it only sync's from the folders "My Drive" and "Computers" (as seen in the image below) but the bulk of the files and folders that I want to move are in "Storage" which is around 40gig that does not sync down to my Mac. (not even a single file)

to make matters worse all 40gig files are so numerous and that makes it difficult for me to keep

pressing the "Shift & Arrow Down keys" to highlight them all.

I tried looking for a "Select All" but I don't think any is there. right licking on "Storage" shows no options.

I hope somebody here has been through this situation before.

by the way can I upload or sync up any file type and folders to iCloud?

as far as I have seen icloud seems to be more promoted towards images?.... and that is the one thing that I'm not into.

thanks in advanced

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 1:54 PM

There is several ways you CAN do this, but I will give you some generall advice that shuld make this managable.

You have iCloud drive, it is made to be used with files, iCloud photo library is for the photos.

You do not want both iCloud Drive and Google drive to sync the same folder at the same time.

To combat this you need to first find the setting to download the entire content(or parts) down to your mac in google drive. Then sync those files with iCloud drive. untill you have all the files you want in iCloud drive

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2022 1:54 PM in response to x1001x

There is several ways you CAN do this, but I will give you some generall advice that shuld make this managable.

You have iCloud drive, it is made to be used with files, iCloud photo library is for the photos.

You do not want both iCloud Drive and Google drive to sync the same folder at the same time.

To combat this you need to first find the setting to download the entire content(or parts) down to your mac in google drive. Then sync those files with iCloud drive. untill you have all the files you want in iCloud drive

Aug 13, 2022 3:08 PM in response to Androish

thanks

I finally found this and didn't even know that this service from google existed. where like you said

"To combat this you need to first find the setting to download the entire content(or parts) down to your mac in google"

the easiest way to do this especially if the google user has a few thousands or more files is

1, https://takeout.google.com

2, first click deselect all (top right)

3, slowly scroll down and select all the categories with your data that you need to download

4, finally near to the bottom click next

5, google will package your selected choices and ready it for download with a link to your email

6, in my mail sent from google the 40gig data that I wanted was broken down into 20 x 2gig files

sweet

thanks again

I have a situation to move all files form gDrive to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.