How to sort photos in Album

Cannot figure out how to re-sort my photos in an album. Must be easy but missing it.

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 7:28 AM

If it's an automatically created album like "Library" or "Recents," then you can't sort them-- they are designed to present a particular view of your pictures.

For albums and Smart Albums that you create, you can click on the album and then use the menu View>Sort.

Or, what I usually do, is control-click (or two-finger click, etc) the album and a menu pops up for sorting

Also, in a regular album (not smart albums) that you create, you can click and drag pictures into any order you like.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2023 7:28 AM in response to gerrit5344

If it's an automatically created album like "Library" or "Recents," then you can't sort them-- they are designed to present a particular view of your pictures.

For albums and Smart Albums that you create, you can click on the album and then use the menu View>Sort.

Or, what I usually do, is control-click (or two-finger click, etc) the album and a menu pops up for sorting

Also, in a regular album (not smart albums) that you create, you can click and drag pictures into any order you like.

How to sort photos in Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.