WatchOS 10 Swiping between Watch Faces No Longer an Option

I have upgraded to WatchOS 10.

The feature where you can swipe left to right and switch watch faces is not working.

It is one of the most useful features when going back and forth for different purposes, eg. Working out, casual, at work, etc.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 9:59 AM

How you do that was changed with the WatchOS 10 Update. See instructions in Customize the watch face - Apple Support

Also see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIS809Mdb3s

10 replies

Sep 21, 2023 10:21 AM in response to kennethfromwaupun

kennethfromwaupun wrote:

There are a lot of good changes with WatchOS 10, but as far as I’m concerned this was a major screw up. I can’t even see a reason for it since the side swipe wasn’t repurposed. I hope Apple reconsiders this change.

100% Agreed - this was a major screw up. The Watch just became less functional for No Reason. Seriously, who made this decision?

Sep 26, 2023 7:18 AM in response to kennethfromwaupun

kennethfromwaupun wrote:

There are a lot of good changes with WatchOS 10, but as far as I’m concerned this was a major screw up. I can’t even see a reason for it since the side swipe wasn’t repurposed. I hope Apple reconsiders this change.

Reason? My wife, for one, was always accidentally changing watch faces. It's very easy to do that when just a swipe was needed. I suspect that Apple had more complaints about accidental face changes and did something about it. That's just my personal guess from experience in this matter.

Ranting about it here is fine but Apple does not monitor these forums as they are user-to-user and are not official Apple Support. So you are ranting into thin air. If you 'hope' Apple reconsiders you need to send feedback. Apple states that every feedback request is read.

WatchOS 10 Swiping between Watch Faces No Longer an Option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.