Lock feature in workouts removed on new watch os !

Why was the lock feature removed from workouts and restricted to swimming? I've relied on it for years during activities like boxing and cross-training to prevent accidental taps, and now I'm experiencing issues. I'm puzzled by the decision to remove it.

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 5:09 PM

Use the Control Center to use the "Lock feature."

"To open Control Center, press the side button (for watchOS 9 or earlier, touch and hold the bottom of the screen, then swipe up). You can open Control Center from any screen."

6 replies

Jan 4, 2024 6:47 PM in response to Slinger1982

Slinger1982 wrote:

Tonight, I’ve ran then hiked twice and then done a multi sport session.
Last night I ended swimming whilst in boxing class !
Please bring back the lock button on activities.

Apple is not here. This is a user-to-user technical support forum.

But you can send Apple feedback via:

Feedback - Watch - Apple

If enough users send feedback, it is more likely a decision maker will see it, and maybe take action.

You can bring up Control Center, and tap the water drop 💧

The previous Control Center swipe-up has moved to a quick press and release of the flat oval side button

Use Control Center on Apple Watch - Apple Support

DO NOT hold the button, as that brings up Emergency services and the power off icon.

Getting the press and release timing just right can be an issue. You can make it more reliable by changing: Settings -> Accessibility -> Side Button Click Speed “Side Button Click Speed” can adjust the press and release timing, so you get the Control Center display every time. Adjusting The "Side Button Click Speed" is also useful for Apple Pay’s double press and release. There is “Default” (sub second timing of needed), “Slow” (up to a second between press and release), and “Slowest” (up to 2 seconds between press and release). I like the “Slow” setting. NOTE: Slow and Slowest settings do not mean you have to wait a full second or 2 seconds between press and release. It just means you do not need to be super fast.

Lock feature in workouts removed on new watch os !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.