Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Female 30 pin to usb c cable

I have several legacy audio components (Bose Sound Dock, various connectors to car audio) that use the 30-pin connector. There are readily available 30 pin to lightning cables that allow me to use my iPhone 12. I'm just about to get an iPhone 15, and I cannot find any cables (female 30 pin to usb c) that support audio. Any advice?

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2023 3:37 AM

Yes - very frustrating. My 2010 Boxster has a 30 pin cable that connects to the car’s audio system. I used an Apple 30 pin to lightening adapter to connect the car’s 30 pin cable to my iPhone 12. It worked great and I was able to stream music and hear navigation directions through the car’s audio system. But I’ve lost that capability with the iPhone 15. I tried an Apple adapter to connect the lightning cable from the car to the iPhone 15’s usb-c slot, but no audio came through. It seems like a 30 pin to usb-c adapter might do the trick, but I don’t think Apple makes one and the ones on the market don’t seem to be working for people. I’m regretting switching to an iPhone 15.

31 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2023 3:37 AM in response to Ton-chan

Yes - very frustrating. My 2010 Boxster has a 30 pin cable that connects to the car’s audio system. I used an Apple 30 pin to lightening adapter to connect the car’s 30 pin cable to my iPhone 12. It worked great and I was able to stream music and hear navigation directions through the car’s audio system. But I’ve lost that capability with the iPhone 15. I tried an Apple adapter to connect the lightning cable from the car to the iPhone 15’s usb-c slot, but no audio came through. It seems like a 30 pin to usb-c adapter might do the trick, but I don’t think Apple makes one and the ones on the market don’t seem to be working for people. I’m regretting switching to an iPhone 15.

Nov 28, 2023 12:28 PM in response to BerlinCallin

So glad I found this thread as I thought I was going mad! I have exactly the same issue with an Apple 30 pin in a car i just bought. I’m now thinking about a 30 Pin Bluetooth receiver. There seems to be plenty on the market and it’s just a question of which one would be the right one. Also one with a usb charging port which would need a usb to usbc adapter. I’m no techno geek so these are my layman thoughts so please interject and call me out where I’m being stupid.

Dec 2, 2023 12:27 PM in response to Illinois500

Same issue . I used to be able to do 30pin to lightning for my Vaistech adapter in my 2004 Lexus LS430. Now, I tried lightning to usb-c and it won’t transfer data. It will charge.

I read an article about how since Apple had the mfi program it ensured their cables met a certain standard of data transfer/charging/compatibility. However, there is no such standard for usb-c. So, not all cables are created equal.

I will likely just have to upgrade to Bluetooth.

Female 30 pin to usb c cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.