Orange dot on LEFT upper corner

Hi,in some apps and in some certain times orange dot on left upper cornor on my iPhone 7.I know it means mic when it is on RIGHT but mine is on left.Can you please inform me?

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 3:39 PM

Hello worldperson3,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We'd like share a helpful resource with you. Click here: Status icons and symbols on your iPhone - Apple Support

iPhone screen showing microphone on in status bar

An orange indicator  means the microphone is being used by an app on your iPhone.

Looking at the picture that is included, it does show the icon on the right side for some iPhone models. But as you can see on your screenshot, the icon and even the cellular bars on on the left side. This appears to be expected behavior.

We hope that helps. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 3:39 PM in response to worldperson3

Hello worldperson3,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We'd like share a helpful resource with you. Click here: Status icons and symbols on your iPhone - Apple Support

iPhone screen showing microphone on in status bar

An orange indicator  means the microphone is being used by an app on your iPhone.

Looking at the picture that is included, it does show the icon on the right side for some iPhone models. But as you can see on your screenshot, the icon and even the cellular bars on on the left side. This appears to be expected behavior.

We hope that helps. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Nov 2, 2023 9:01 AM in response to Vilas_S

Hi,first of all thank you for reaching out! But unfortunately that did not helped me.Like I said when standart dots show, they are on the right top.But for couple of days, dots showed on left top.These problematic dots did not showed anymore after post.So the actual ones show on right, I know my cellphone :) I think they were just some bugs.Have a nice one!

Orange dot on LEFT upper corner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.