iTunes not syncing random songs to iPhone

All products are updated, it is set to sync entire library, all songs are fully downloaded & available on pc & iTunes, still going through much troubleshooting, no help so far

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 6:12 AM

Mine does this a lot. A trick I do is change all the songs that won't sync in some subtle way. I add a comment to them all. Then sync, delete the comment, and resync again. That works for me every time.

Similar questions

26 replies

Jan 30, 2024 12:36 PM in response to LennyMetro1

I am having the same issue here, and am tired of having to look through a library of 28,000 songs EVERY SINGLE TIME time to see if iTunes decided to not sync random songs (and I ALWAYS find some). While these workarounds do work, I do not have time to do scour my device every time I sync my music. Very disappointed that Apple has not found a way to fix this syncing glitch, despite multiple updates, none of which seem to address this issue.

Oct 12, 2023 5:12 PM in response to Chris_V89

I'll say it more clearly, random songs from different CD's are not syncing. For example, a couple of songs from a single CD won't sync, where as the whole CD is on itunes. The burned CD will have all tracks 1-11 & they all play on itunes, but on the iphone it's just a few out of the 11 that actually get transferred, I've tried so so many things to fix this! And, out of almost 4000 songs, It's only a couple hundred that don't transfer, & it's extremely random, not limited to one specific artist, but it's same tracks that don't transfer.

Sep 26, 2023 6:10 PM in response to Chris_V89

I appreciate your time to reply, but nothing you’ve said went beyond what I’ve already done. Everything is updated, no errors, just random songs not syncing, even ones (in same file format from the same cd), for instance all songs in the album are plainly on iTunes & PC, but only a few out of every song in cd transfer to iPhone. Now, I’ve got a library of close to 4000 songs, so I haven’t gone through all of them, but most sync, (only 1 to 200 short), the few that don’t are few & far between, mostly ghostly picked from a few cd’s. I think all the purchases & songs I have recorded myself transfer, as I know so far. There must be someone else out there w/this issue, out of 8,000,000,000 on the planet, grateful for any help

Sep 26, 2023 4:15 PM in response to LennyMetro1

Hey there LennyMetro1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

To get started, do you see any particular alerts or errors when trying to sync the music to your iPhone? Also, have you ensured that iTunes is updated to the most recent software version? If check out this link for help with updating iTunes: Update to the latest version of iTunes for Windows 10 - Apple Support

If so, the steps listed in the following resource may be helpful: If you see error -5000, -69, 13010, or 13014 when you sync music from your Mac - Apple Support

If you're not seeing one of the errors listed in the resource above, have you noticed if the songs that are not syncing to your iPhone are in a different format than the other songs? This may be able to help determine if there's an incompatible issue with the songs you're trying to sync.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Take care!

Jan 25, 2024 12:01 AM in response to Chris_V89

Is there any way to fix this problem on Windows 11? Downloading the most recent version for Windows 10 doesn't work.

When I try to sync my iPhone, it spends a long time in step 2 of 5 "backing up," then never does steps 3-5.

When I try to play a greyed out song on my iPhone while attached to the computer, it tells me to go to "settings" and sync my library, but there's no menu item called "settings."

I try to log into my account and iTunes freezes and I have to kill it with Task Manager.

It just killed my phone altogether and I had to restore.

iTunes not syncing random songs to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.