What is my passcode?

Each time I open my 9th Gen iPad it wants the passcode, Is the passcode my password or is it a series of numbers.

I have tried my password a number of times. I now get a message that I have to wait 8 hours before trying again.

iPad (9th generation)

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 1:42 PM

to answer your question: normally your passcode is a 6 digit numeric code. there are several other options like 4 digit numeric code, custom numeric code or custom alphanumeric code.

may these questions can help if you ask them to yourself:

• did i have more than one passcode within the lifespan of using apple products
  • have i tried the passcode where i use for my iphone
  • did u setup your ipad recently? if yes, try your old passcode if its different at all.

good luck

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2023 1:42 PM in response to sadsaytr

to answer your question: normally your passcode is a 6 digit numeric code. there are several other options like 4 digit numeric code, custom numeric code or custom alphanumeric code.

may these questions can help if you ask them to yourself:

• did i have more than one passcode within the lifespan of using apple products
  • have i tried the passcode where i use for my iphone
  • did u setup your ipad recently? if yes, try your old passcode if its different at all.

good luck

Sep 22, 2023 1:37 PM in response to sadsaytr

The PassCode is used to turn on and unlock an iPad.

It’s “normally” 6x numeric digits but it CAN be any mix of alpha and/or numeric digits and can of any reasonable length.

Absolutely no one can help you recover your passcode.

If you forget it, your ONLY option is to completely reset the device - which erases it - followed by a restoration from a backup.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen – Apple Support (AU)

What is my passcode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.