Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iPhone screen green after iOS 17 Update

Hi I’m rahul I’m using iphone 13 and now update to ios 17 becomes face to green screen problem anyone suffering this issue?

so pls recommend the how can do resolve this problem ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2023 11:41 PM

My Promax 13 running iOS 17.2.1 (and since 17.2- flashes white then slow fades to green and back. It Sucks! Full reset and display tweaks- nothing works. Stop releasing b.s. untested patches- seriously a bit of UAT prior - would be awesome.

Any word on actually getting this crap fixed?

44 replies

Oct 12, 2023 9:50 PM in response to Rahullllll

Hi, I have the same issue with 11 pro max. the moment iphone was updated with 17.0.2, face7id has been disabled. After few hours, green screen. And, by the night, the phone was dead, not turning on. Flashing with apple logo. Contacted apple service cnetre, not supporting. I am having 2 more iphones 11 pro, and afraid of updating the ios. Its another kind of business jimmik by apple. never expected. #bogus (15 years of apple user).

waiting for solution.

Dec 24, 2023 5:14 PM in response to Rahullllll

IPhone 13 Pro Max got update to IOS 17.1.2 5 days ago. on the day of the update it had a solid green screen that lasted 10 secs, it happened twice. On the second day, it happened again but the second time it had strikes across the screen, and it stayed like that until today. It started working today but then it's back to green screen after a restart. What can I do to fix this?

Jan 2, 2024 6:46 PM in response to Rahullllll

My 13 pro max got a green/yellow screen when upgrading ios to 17.2.1.

Issue repro step,

1. Iphone default ios ver is 16.5.1. A reminder appears "iOS 17.2.1 Now Available" in settings.

2. Press install ios 17.2.1 from settings/general/software update.

3. See screen flash then turn to full yellow.

4. Press vol up/down + power to reboot the system.

5. System back to home screen.

6. Press install ios 17.2.1 again.

7. The screen had full green lines this time and could not recover even when I pressed vol up/down + power again.

This is a known issue,

There are already enough cases on the Internet/Apple community.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZYKU5OnCkS0?si=zMJH7s-kO2b2szFq

Until now, There is no official release from Apple to solve this problem or warn users.

Apple support center & studioA recommendation is to pay about USD 420 to replace the screen even if they check my 13 pro max without any other problems.

(They couldn't support this issue without an official solution. Display fails, User pays for it,  Maintenance center replaces the new one then sends the failure display to the original factory. That's all)

**I shouldn't press the install button during the new year's holiday and Happy new year 2024!

Feb 26, 2024 7:40 AM in response to Rahullllll

Using an iphone 13 max. I am having a green line as well. It was coming and going completely but now for 4 days it is showing consistently. I was a die heart fan of apple devices and a long time apple user. I used to motivate people to use iphone. If I loose this device this will be my last apple device and same goes for all the family and friends. I think apple should fix this issue for those people whose phone was harmed by installing IOS 17.

Oct 30, 2023 9:48 AM in response to chandan cc

I had the same issue. Contact apple support team and submit your device to nearest authorised service centre and ask team for the cause of the issue. Convey the same to customer support and ask them to change the display free of cost.

Many user did the same and got it replaced free of cost.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255038647?answerId=259563051022#259563051022

iPhone screen green after iOS 17 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.