Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Apple Support Can't Hear Keypad Press on iPhone 14

I opened a support case with Apple on an email problem. They escalated the case and wanted to call me. I receive the call and they ask me to press 1 on the keypad to continue the call. Trouble is, they can't hear the keypress and eventually hang up. I received a total of five calls from them and was unable to complete any of them.

What should I do now?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 5:18 PM

Hello Buadhai,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. In this specific situation, we'd recommend for you to contact Apple Support using the number provided for your country or region from the list here: Contact Apple for support and service

Once you're connected with an Advisor, let them know that you need to get in touch with a Senior Advisor, and provide the case number.

It is preferred to use another phone, or a landline to make this call, so you won't get disconnect when you perform troubleshooting steps on your iPhone.

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 5:18 PM in response to Buadhai

Hello Buadhai,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. In this specific situation, we'd recommend for you to contact Apple Support using the number provided for your country or region from the list here: Contact Apple for support and service

Once you're connected with an Advisor, let them know that you need to get in touch with a Senior Advisor, and provide the case number.

It is preferred to use another phone, or a landline to make this call, so you won't get disconnect when you perform troubleshooting steps on your iPhone.

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Sep 26, 2023 6:15 PM in response to nbotros

The problem with calling Apple instead of having them call you is that the on-hold time is quite long. 45 minutes in this case. And, then, it took the person who answered quite some time to locate the case and find a more senior advisor to deal with it. Of course that senior advisor had no familiarity with the case meaning I had to go through everything again. I did get the problem fixed, but it took a total of nearly three house, including the hold time.

What I never found out and what no one I spoke to could explain was why Apple's robo-call system can't detect key presses on the iPhone 14 Pro telephone keypad. One would figure that a modern iPhone would include the latest in Touch-Tone technology.

Apple Support Can't Hear Keypad Press on iPhone 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.