Standby on iPhone

How do I change the time zone in Standby

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 4:54 AM

hold down the clock and you should be able to change it. i struggled with that too. i deleted the clock and added it back to see it that worked as well, but found that a long press on the clock allows you to change it. Why it started in the wrong timezone is a mystery to me!!

3 replies

Oct 26, 2023 9:22 AM in response to NorthpoleMS

There are multiple clock widgets. When you go to the widget list and select "Clock," you'll see "Clock I," "Clock II," "Clock III," then "City I," "City II," "City III," and others. The "Clock" widgets get the time from the device itself, the "City" clocks always show the time in whatever city you set in the widget's settings. Apple, in their Infinite Loop wisdom, decided to make "City I" the default, set to Cupertino, instead of doing the intelligent thing and making "Clock I" the default, so it would show the same time as the device itself, and would automatically change along with the device time when traveling etc.

You can certainly edit the city setting on that "City I" widget to match your current time zone, but what you probably want to do instead is delete the default "City I" widget, and then install the "Clock I" widget, which will always show the same time as your iPhone, regardless of where you are.

Standby on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.