Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Remove focus from control center

How do we remove focus from the control center? There was a previous response on this but it did not bother to answer the question.

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 11:39 AM

This is really annoying, but because my son keeps going on my phone and turning it off without me knowing and then I miss meetings because I don't get any notifications. Would prefer this only changeable if the person authenticates. Not sure why they don't let you remove it from Control Center. No good reason that I can see.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2023 11:39 AM in response to Steev3

This is really annoying, but because my son keeps going on my phone and turning it off without me knowing and then I miss meetings because I don't get any notifications. Would prefer this only changeable if the person authenticates. Not sure why they don't let you remove it from Control Center. No good reason that I can see.

Oct 6, 2023 12:34 PM in response to petoi

You can turn off Control Center altogether from Home Screen. Would prefer more fine grained controls but if more important to not miss meetings then this may work for you. Go to Settings "FaceID/TouchID Passcode" then there is switch under "Allow Access When Locked" section to turn off Control Center from Home Screen.

Oct 16, 2023 8:42 AM in response to petoi

petoi wrote:

You can disable the Control Center in the lock screen. That would prevent him from accessing it. Settings>Face ID & Passcode>Control Center>Off

Remove focus from control center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.