Can’t get my new iPhone 15 to make phone calls after setting my new phone up

I transferred all data from my iPhone 13 to my new iPhone 15 Pro Max and now I cannot make any phone calls. Please help.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2023 3:28 PM

On 12/3/23 I upgraded my iPhone 12 Pro to the 15 Pro and transferred all my phone data. I. Required for that process, I had to upgrade to IOS 17.1.2. Now, I can't receive or make calls. I can text iPhone users but for Android users the texts come back as undeliverable. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank-you. Namaste.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2023 3:28 PM in response to Jaguar2020

On 12/3/23 I upgraded my iPhone 12 Pro to the 15 Pro and transferred all my phone data. I. Required for that process, I had to upgrade to IOS 17.1.2. Now, I can't receive or make calls. I can text iPhone users but for Android users the texts come back as undeliverable. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank-you. Namaste.

Dec 7, 2023 1:07 PM in response to Jaguar2020

Yesterday, I bought a new iPhone 15 Pro from the Apple Store. I couldn't make or receive calls or texts. I tried everything recommended on various websites for several hours and nothing solved the problem. Then, I went to the service carrier, ATT store, and they had it completely fixed in less than ten minutes. Save yourself the endless headaches, and go in and have your carrier link it all properly.

Oct 14, 2023 11:19 PM in response to Bill_T1

I have had the same problem. It is a software issue that apple knows about but has not been forthcoming. It’s an issue with iOS 17. I have an open case with the software engineers.

Their last advice to me was to wipe the phone and set it up as a new phone. don’t bother. That won’t work. I’ve done it twice and the problem remains.

you will also find Siri is not working nor the Apple Store app. Apple Store not App Store which stranglehold works fine.

report it to Apple and hope 17.1 fixes the bug.

Sep 27, 2023 10:15 AM in response to Jaguar2020

Hi Jaguar2020,

For help with your cellular service it may be necessary to consult with your cellular carrier for additional support.

If your iPhone 15 supports a SIM card, you may need to transfer that from your previous device to the new one. Otherwise an eSIM may have to be set up or your previous SIM card converted to eSIM for the activation of cellular capabilities. Your carrier would be the best resource on all of these matters if you have questions or are unsure.

Regards.

Can’t get my new iPhone 15 to make phone calls after setting my new phone up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.