Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 15 Pro Max Wired Carplay on Honda Civic 2022 Not Connecting

I bought a USB-C to USB-A cord thinking that it would allow me to connect to Carplay. The car works fine with my old iPhone 11 that uses a lightning to USB-A, but when I connect my new phone iPhone 15 (with USB-C), Carplay doesn't work.

Is this an Apple software issue? I was thinking another solution is to get a lightning adapter for a USB-C connector? Anyone else have this issue?

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 7:57 PM

Guys- none of this is the answer - not the cable, not the adapter, not the software....- i just tried what someone had posted on a different thread and it worked: you need to reboot the infotainment system. Check on line depending on your model how to do so. It was so easy, and all the literally HOURS i wasted.

Apple should know this - prior to sending us to the car dealers to check the firmware, they should suggest as part of their troubleshooting flowchart, RESET THE SYSTEM!

hope it helps

59 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2023 7:57 PM in response to giancbaldonado

Guys- none of this is the answer - not the cable, not the adapter, not the software....- i just tried what someone had posted on a different thread and it worked: you need to reboot the infotainment system. Check on line depending on your model how to do so. It was so easy, and all the literally HOURS i wasted.

Apple should know this - prior to sending us to the car dealers to check the firmware, they should suggest as part of their troubleshooting flowchart, RESET THE SYSTEM!

hope it helps

Oct 13, 2023 4:26 PM in response to giancbaldonado

Honda 2022 + iphone 15 Pro: carplay does not work + hondalink does not work. Carplay worked perfectly with my iphone 11.

Spoiler alert: no solution yet. But will keep you posted. It is the car's software.

I spent an hour with AppleSupport: their suggestion was that the firmware (car's software) might not be updated and to take it to Honda. If Honda told me that the software was updated, then Apple would elevate internally to fix the bug. I spent FOUR hours at Honda to listen to all sorts of answers: there is a recall, there is an update to software coming, just wait. I wrote to Honda USA and received an automatic response stating that they are experiencing higher volume of emails.

What we did at Honda (aside from repeating all possible ways of re-connecting, even wiping out and re-installing my phone, all things i had repeatedly tried unsuccessfully on my own): we connected with a 2023 CRV and with a 2023 HRV and carplay worked.

I see many answers about hardware. It is not the hardware; it is the software. And no, the $19 USBC to USB adapter does not work, because it is male USBC and female USB. Would need male USB and male USBC - does Apple sell this? I did not see it. I also asked AppleSupport directly if i had to buy any cord or adapter from them and redundantly denied.

Apparently, there are a few complaints with Honda already. And apparently this is not the first time that Honda lags in updating their software to an iphone release.

Why did Honda decide to update the software of the 2023 models onward and not for 2022? This is not a 10 or 15 year old car that i may understand could not support certain updates.

It is unbelievable that 2 giants like Apple and Honda did not work as a team for their clients! But i went on amazon the next day i got my iphone and there were all sorts of cases and screen protectors specific for iphone 15 family of phones. You would think that it is not just about protecting the hardware, but about actually having a functional phone while driving, when we need navigation and handsfree tools the most!

Really disappointing on both companies.

Sep 28, 2023 1:15 PM in response to giancbaldonado

Just received the IPhone 15 Pro and looking for solutions to the USB-C connection to my 2019 Honda Pilot wired CarPlay.

I was told by Apple today that their $19 USB-C to USB adapter would work in that Application. Is that not the case for you?

my IPhone 11Pro worked very well.

it will be troubling if there’s no way to move data using CarPlay.

anxious to hear the experience of others here.

Dec 28, 2023 6:55 PM in response to giancbaldonado

I’ve solved the problem (in my case, anyway.) It’s the cable you’re using to connect the phone to the car. Apparently, all lightning connectors allowed for two kinds of communication - charging and data transfer/sync. Not so with USB - C cords. Many only allow charging. Get a cord that specifically notes that it syncs data (in addition to charging) and presto! No more issues.

Sep 27, 2023 11:35 AM in response to giancbaldonado

I have a 2022 Accord and just bought and iPhone15, initially wireless CarPlay was working fine. Then today it wouldn’t connect, kept saying no device detected. I removed it from the cars device list and when I added it back, all I could do was link the phone and music, CarPlay wasn’t even an option. It’s just gone. My iPhone 12 didn’t play well with my Honda’s wireless system either. You’d think as major players in their industries, Apple and Honda would be able to work together to ensure a smoother and less aggravating experience while using their products.

iPhone 15 Pro Max Wired Carplay on Honda Civic 2022 Not Connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.