logging into apple id when i can’t remember password or access the email it is linked to

my boyfriends iphone has broken and won’t turn on, we’ve got an old iphone for him to log into but he can’t remember the password, normally we would just rest password but because he made the id when he first got a phone it’s linked to an email that we no longer have access to, how do we get the password for the apple id reset? or at least recover the photos and contacts that are on the apple id

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 11:31 PM

Re: logging into apple id when i can’t remember password or access the email it is linked to

The Apple ID is generally the eMail address (in a few countries it is a phone number)

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid?r=1&language=US-EN

or

What to do: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If there is a computer, or other device also listed in the Apple ID account:

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

or

If needed:

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2023 11:31 PM in response to or97

Re: logging into apple id when i can’t remember password or access the email it is linked to

The Apple ID is generally the eMail address (in a few countries it is a phone number)

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid?r=1&language=US-EN

or

What to do: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If there is a computer, or other device also listed in the Apple ID account:

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

or

If needed:

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

logging into apple id when i can’t remember password or access the email it is linked to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.