Sunset/Sunrise Apple Watch complication stopped working

I updated my watch to 10.0.1 last night and since then my Sunset/Sunrise complication (under World Clock) is just blank. I've checked the location permissions and the background app refresh settings. I have also restarted the watch. I haven't seen any other solutions in any other threads yet. Since this coincided with the update I'm wondering if it's a 10.0.1 bug.

Any other ideas? Thanks!

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 2:30 PM

Figured it out. I had checked the Location Services for "Apple Watch Faces" but I needed to enable "Allow while using app" for "Clock" since Sunrise/Sunset is under the World Clock functions.

That still doesn't explain why it worked fine until I updated, but at least I got it solved!

Similar questions

11 replies

Apr 8, 2024 1:11 AM in response to heath allyn

I have the same issue: the sunrise/sunset widget doesn’t work although clock has access to precision location. Also adding a city to the world clock app didn’t help. I guess the issue is that world clock doesn’t have access to location “always”. But I can’t change that setting on Apple Watch (it’s greyed out) nor is there a world clock app on iPhone.

Any ideas?

Mar 15, 2024 7:29 PM in response to heath allyn

I was having the same issue even after making sure I had location services enabled for the "Clock" app.

I was able to get the sunrise/sunset complication on my Apple watch to start working by adding at least one world clock to the "world clock" section of the "Clock" app on the iPhone my Apple Watch is paired to.

As soon as I added a world clock, in my timezone, to the clock app on my iPhone the sunrise/sunset complication, set to my current location, immediately started working.

Sunset/Sunrise Apple Watch complication stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.