Sunrise / sunset not working on Apple watch

On my Apple Watch S6 I am unable to see the sunrise/sunset feature.

I have tried to unpair and pair my device, remove and add the sunrise / sunset feature, add and remove cities in weather, have given always access for location services to weather. Any other ideas or is this a bug with WatchOS 10.0.1?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 10

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 7:54 AM

I was able to resolve this issue by contacting support. We went through several steps to ensure location services were on but ultimately what worked was going in to my iPhone settings under General>Transfer or Reset iPhone>Reset>Reset Location and Privacy. I restarted my Apple Watch and it took a few minutes for apps to start requesting location services permission but after I gave a few of the weather apps access it repopulated the sunrise/sunset times again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2023 7:54 AM in response to DrSanders

I was able to resolve this issue by contacting support. We went through several steps to ensure location services were on but ultimately what worked was going in to my iPhone settings under General>Transfer or Reset iPhone>Reset>Reset Location and Privacy. I restarted my Apple Watch and it took a few minutes for apps to start requesting location services permission but after I gave a few of the weather apps access it repopulated the sunrise/sunset times again.

Sunrise / sunset not working on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.