Apple Watch Ultra 1 OS 10.0.1 with IOS 17.0.1 on iPhone 14 Pro Max Sunrise & Sunset not showing time

Sunrise & Sunset not showing time on Apple Watch Ultra 1 after updating OS to 10.0.1 post updating IOS on 14 Pro Max to 17.0.1. Location Services on Weather is "Always On" and Watch Face is "On While Using". Tried changing in Complications but still not working. Unpaired the watch and Paired it again but the issue still persists. Does anyone else facing this issue?

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 3:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 6:04 AM

I had the same problem. Tried the delete/re-add complication etc but this didn't work. What did work for me was the following (and it only resets the location data):

• On the phone go to General > Transfer/Reset
  • Tap on the Reset > Reset Location and Privacy
  • You may be prompted, at this point for the passcode to reset

This worked for me as a couple of seconds later the sunrise/sunset reappeared. One draw back, only a minor irritation, is that some apps will ask to allow location data sharing again.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2023 6:04 AM in response to pratish0507

I had the same problem. Tried the delete/re-add complication etc but this didn't work. What did work for me was the following (and it only resets the location data):

• On the phone go to General > Transfer/Reset
  • Tap on the Reset > Reset Location and Privacy
  • You may be prompted, at this point for the passcode to reset

This worked for me as a couple of seconds later the sunrise/sunset reappeared. One draw back, only a minor irritation, is that some apps will ask to allow location data sharing again.

Oct 12, 2023 1:19 PM in response to pratish0507

Same problem iPhone 15 17.0.3 Apple Watch 7 after update 10.0.1 in reset location no help! Tried multiple suggestions from online.

reset watch and phone sunset time appeared brief seconds until weather temp updated. Then times poof gone.

SUCCESS for me. Went Settings on watch. World Clock when tapped that pop up window asked if use location Once or When using app. Did When using app and all is working. I believe combination of resetting privacy and location then going to world clock and allowing location did the trick for me.

Apple Watch Ultra 1 OS 10.0.1 with IOS 17.0.1 on iPhone 14 Pro Max Sunrise & Sunset not showing time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.