Music Pods not shutting up!!!

I have three pods in different rooms acting as home stereo which is perfect BUT, when I speak into my iphone to get siri to turn off flashlight or to call hubby, the SPEAKERS Answer telling me they can’t do that. WTH? I want phone Siri doing it. Is there a setting to turn off voice on speakers and just have my iphone answer and do commands?

HomePod mini, 17

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 8:19 AM

Hello,

I have had this happen even when I'm not in the same room as my homepod. Homepods and homepod minis have the option to turn off listen for "Hey Siri" or "Siri". In the home app under each speaker go to settings and scroll down to the Siri section. There you can turn off the "Listen for "Hey Siri"" option. If you're looking for a way to be able to talk to your speakers and your phone with "Hey Siri/ Siri" I don't believe there is a way to avoid what you're experiencing. Hope that helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 8:19 AM in response to apple4ever4me

Hello,

I have had this happen even when I'm not in the same room as my homepod. Homepods and homepod minis have the option to turn off listen for "Hey Siri" or "Siri". In the home app under each speaker go to settings and scroll down to the Siri section. There you can turn off the "Listen for "Hey Siri"" option. If you're looking for a way to be able to talk to your speakers and your phone with "Hey Siri/ Siri" I don't believe there is a way to avoid what you're experiencing. Hope that helps.

Music Pods not shutting up!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.