Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

HomeKit secure video stopped recording after updating phone and HomePod to iOS 17

I updated my phone (12 mini) to iOS 17 (on 17.0.1 now), Apple TV 4th gen and 2 HomePod minis to 17, and watch series 8 to watchOS 10.

I've got a Logitech circle doorbell camera that's been working great in the home app and has been recording via HomeKit secure video.

I just realized now that it hasn't recorded anything since a few minutes before I updated everything.

The video feed is visible from phone, watch, and TV. Just no recordings since a few days ago.

I power cycled the camera and have seen no difference.

Has anyone else experienced any HKSV devices stop recording?

HomePod mini

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2023 5:58 PM

I have the same problem. All the sudden my video timelines have disappeared. No access to any recordings and no idea if it’s still recording!! Come on Apple!

Similar questions

12 replies

Jan 30, 2024 4:34 PM in response to PurpleFungiEater

This happens on my iPhone multiple times every day. Two other iPhones in my household on the same network, signed into the same Home, do not have this problem. They are signed in on their own Apple ID.

Apple support had me reset network settings on my iPhone. This immediately fixes the problem temporarily. Go to Settings/General/Transfer or Reset iPhone/Reset/Reset Network Settings

John

May 4, 2024 6:17 PM in response to LUMBEE3D

Same here. I have two Logitech Circle View cameras and one ecobee smart camera. All three are set up as HomeKit Secure video cameras, with the location settings set to home=“stream” and away=“stream and allow recording.” I’m running iOS/iPadOS 17.4.1 andTV OS 17.4. Everything was working as it was supposed to until two days ago. None of the cameras now switch to “stream and allow recording” when my iPhone leaves my local network. I’ve restarted my network ((eero), and reset my home hub (Apple TV 4K, 128GB storage), and rebooted my iPhone (my Find My geolocator). None of that has helped. I’ve not talked to Apple yet, but I will when I can find the time. I don’t think anyone at Apple has gotten much feedback on this yet, but I hope they come up with a fix soon. Security cameras are essentially useless if they can’t be relied upon to record security breaches.

May 11, 2024 1:24 PM in response to PurpleFungiEater

FWIW: I don’t know if this has any application beyond my own individual situation, but one of my two Logitech Circle View cameras developed a hardware failure just before this general HSV mode-switching problem began. When I finally figured out that it was really borked and replaced it with an ecobee smart camera, suddenly all the HSV cameras on my network began correctly switching to stream and record when I left home, and switching back to stream when I returned. Whether removing the bad camera solved the problem or Apple solved the problem at their end, and my experience was just a coincidence I don’t know, but if you’re still experiencing this problem, you might want to check that none of your cameras have a hardware issue.

May 11, 2024 7:17 PM in response to PurpleFungiEater

Same. Three Logi Circle View cameras - I had them set to "record specific motion", but they seemed to be missing heaps - even when someone stole something large from our house!! So, I set to record any motion... they capture the occasional bug flying in front of them at night, but miss PEOPLE! Sometimes they capture a person arriving, but then the recording cuts out after a second... when there's clearly still a person coming even closer to the camera! They constantly drop off the network too. Apple HomeKit is RUBBISH and not even close to being a valuable home security system.

HomeKit secure video stopped recording after updating phone and HomePod to iOS 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.