Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Can my ipod shuffle still be used

Can my ipod shuffle be used in itunes

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 9:05 PM

7 replies

Feb 22, 2024 3:46 PM in response to the fiend

hi guys. looks like a shuffle can still be used in apple music but mine isn't cooperating. i can see the ipod in apple music, but when trying to load music is gives error messages and no music is copied.

i don't know if you can put music from an apple music subscription on a shuffle or not. is this allowed? or is only music you own that is loaded on your computer allowed to be copied?

Apr 15, 2024 12:19 AM in response to the fiend

Let's try to clarify some of the points made in all these posts:

Betazero wrote:

Is there a way to transfer songs from an Apple Music/Mac to the Shuffle in 2024?

Yes:

• on a PC or an older Mac using OS Mojave or earlier, use iTunes
    • on a Mac using OS Catalina or later, use Finder

artoutcatcher wrote:
i don't know if you can put music from an apple music subscription on a shuffle or not.

No, music from Apple Music cannot be added to a Shuffle.

atroutcatcher wrote:
looks like a shuffle can still be used in apple music but mine isn't cooperating.

On a Mac using OS Catalina or later, use Finder to manage your Shuffle.

Dejavuandkate wrote:
I just got a USB3/audio jack cord to run from my shuffle to my MacBook Air. Problem is iTunes won't recognize it.

Some models of Shuffle require a Dock in order to connect to your computer. Have you previously managed to connect the iPod to your MacBook Air with this cable?

Feb 14, 2024 3:18 PM in response to arons31

iTunes? I guess you own a PC? Is there a way to transfer songs from an Apple Music/Mac to the Shuffle in 2024? I find that the shuffle + short buds (1' long stereo to mono single ear bud) Is far superior to AirPod pros and a watch. The bluetooth between watch and AirPods constantly looses connection and sometimes try's to stream from my phone vs watch. The clip on shuffle was just better. They should just add Music check-out where it records the number of plays for each song and then when you plug in to charge it sends that to Apple Music for royalties etc.

Can my ipod shuffle still be used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.