iPhone 15 Pro Max Carplay Issues

I have a 2022 Wrangler with the 8.4" UConnect and I have issues with Carplay and the iPhone 15 Pro Max. I did not have the issue with the 13 Pro Max I traded in. But Carplay only seems to connect intermittently. About every other time I get in I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get to connect. Id assume that this is an iPhone issue since the 13 was fine. The 13 also had iOS 17 installed so wouldnt think it is a software issue either. Please advise. Thank you.

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 7:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2023 9:08 AM

I spent a week on this - and finally figured it out at least for my Jeep. If you forget all devices. And go and RE-PAIR your Bluetooth - then connect to USB CarPlay - THEN - go into (no clue why it's here) into settings - and then under paired devices, select projection manager - in that setting - there is a use CarPlay - I clicked it - and it all works - perfectly now. No matter my cable etc. for Jeep this setting wasn't here before. Hope this helps.

171 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2023 9:08 AM in response to Moondance46

I spent a week on this - and finally figured it out at least for my Jeep. If you forget all devices. And go and RE-PAIR your Bluetooth - then connect to USB CarPlay - THEN - go into (no clue why it's here) into settings - and then under paired devices, select projection manager - in that setting - there is a use CarPlay - I clicked it - and it all works - perfectly now. No matter my cable etc. for Jeep this setting wasn't here before. Hope this helps.

Sep 28, 2023 2:17 PM in response to KaeBFly

Ive already contacted Apple myself. Had to send them logs today. However, I am leaning more toward its a device issue vs a software issue. Others, like yourself, are saying they do not have a problem. If it was an OS issue, it "shouldn't" work with the 13 and 14 like it does etc. I also do not think its a vehicle port issue being I used the exact same port prior to upgrading. For the most part, the biggest change was the device. I personally hope they come up with something because other than the drama of getting Carplay to function, I like the 15PM. Id rather not go back to my 13 but its leaning more toward that as the says pass without a resolution.

Sep 30, 2023 10:42 AM in response to Moondance46

I am up to around $100 in trying cables and right now, it looks like I have 2 that work!

I have plugged in and unplugged and turned the engine off and restarted multiple times with each, and each time iPhone 15 Pro quickly launches Apple CarPlay in my 2022 Wrangler Rubicon (8.4” UConnect). This evening I have to drive a 40 mile round trip, so will put each to a longer test.

Both were purchased on Amazon.

Anker USB A to USB C Charger Cable [2 Pack, 6ft], 310 Type C Charger Cable Fast Charging Braided

Amazon Basics USB-C to USB-A 2.0 Fast Charger Cable,480Mbps Speed, USB-IF Certified, for Apple iPhone 15

Dec 11, 2023 12:49 AM in response to Moondance46

I have a 2023 Toyota Yaris Cross which only has USB A sockets and had the same trouble trying to make CarPLay work with my new iPhone 15ProMax (even though my daughter's iPhone 11 works fine grrr!).

I tried lead after lead after lead (!) ... then, on the off chance, for another purpose, I bought some USB A male to USB C female adaptors and - bingo - it worked ... CarPlay now works as soon as I connect my phone to the car using a 'normal' Apple USB C to USB C connecting lead ... this fix may not work for everyone but it works for me! Prices start at £5.99 for 3 - different/fancy colours cost more.

Apologies if this solution has already been posted - I didn't have time to read all the posts!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09R1XWT9Q?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

iPhone 15 Pro Max Carplay Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.