Vibrate on iOS 17

My phone updated to IOS17 and every since my vibrations for all my apps are now the text vibration. Is there anyway to fix this back to normal? Every time I now get a notification I think it’s a text, when In fact it’s not a text it’s just another app. I don’t want my phone vibrating for an instagram notification how do I fix this?

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 5:48 PM

Prior to iOS 17 my

phone did not vibrate when I received any notification outside of a text message or a phone call. My phone is on vibrate 90%of the time. After iOS 17 upgrade my phone vibrates for everything. I still

want the notification to pop up on my phone however I do not want the vibration

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2023 5:48 PM in response to brbo

Prior to iOS 17 my

phone did not vibrate when I received any notification outside of a text message or a phone call. My phone is on vibrate 90%of the time. After iOS 17 upgrade my phone vibrates for everything. I still

want the notification to pop up on my phone however I do not want the vibration

Jan 13, 2024 5:09 PM in response to n3ntjmatt

Hi n3ntjmatt

welcome to the Apple Community.

Re: "When we get text messages when the phone is in silent (vibrate) mode, the current vibrate is barely noticeable".

Wondering if you are using "Do Not Disturb" as well as Silent ?

You might want to try turning it off / turning it on / to see what effect it has on your vibrate experience...

Eg: If the Do Not Disturb button  is highlighted, you can tap it to turn off Do Not Disturb.

(When Do Not Disturb is on, its icon also appears in the status bar.)

Re: Is this problem so hard that Apple doesn't know how to or care to fix it?

We are all Apple users, like yourself in the community.

You might want to send feedback to reach those who work behind-the scenes at Apple. They will likely not reply, yet your feedback may help with establishing just which iPhone / iOS combinations have a vibration issue. The more feedback Apple receive on an issue, the more likely we will see an update that addresses it.

Web-form for feedback: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

All the best :-)

Jan 13, 2024 5:39 AM in response to DKAY2305

We are now on 17.2.1 and the vibration bug still hasn't been fixed.

I see many people reporting this.. we've all checked our settings, haptics, etc. When we get text messages when the phone is in silent (vibrate) mode, the current vibrate is barely noticeable. You can have the phone in your pocket and you don't even feel it vibrate anymore... it's been a problem since iOS 17 came out.

Is this problem so hard that Apple doesn't know how to or care to fix it? It seems that everyone with model iPhones and iOS 17 has this problem receiving text message notifications when in silent (vibrate) mode. C'mon Apple!!

Vibrate on iOS 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.