Trying to install WatchOS 10.0.1 on my Apple Watch 6. Getting “Unable to verify update” error message.

I keep getting an error message, “can’t verify the update because you’re not connected to the internet”. I’m obviously connected because it just downloaded the update.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 10:33 AM

I bought a renewed Apple 4 Series thru Amazon. Phone insists I update the watch software, takes at least an hour then says I'm not connected to network. I've done alllll the recommended network resets, phone & watch off and on and off and on and .... argh. Help.

5 replies

Sep 24, 2023 4:32 PM in response to fromnevada

Try rebooting the phone and watch. You can reboot the watch, by pressing and holding both the side button and Digital Crown until you see the apple logo on the watch face. Once you see the logo, you can release both buttons.

For your phone, quickly press and release the volume up button, then quickly press and release the volume down button, then press and hold the Siri/Wake button until you see the Apple Logo on the screen. Once you see the logo, you can release the button and allow the phone to finish booting.

Trying to install WatchOS 10.0.1 on my Apple Watch 6. Getting “Unable to verify update” error message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.