Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Custom Text Tones Gone in iOS 17?!?

After updating to iOS 17, I no longer have the ability to use my custom text tones for individual contacts. They don't even appear as an option. Everything was fine until I went to change one. I tried to change it back to the original tone I was using and it's gone. PLEASE tell me this is just a bug that will get fixed?!?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 8:48 AM

Same! I’m truly annoyed over this. I have certain text tones for people mostly for importance of answering because I’m not supposed to use my phone at work and my contacts I had text tones for know this so they only text in emergency. Plus the volume is so low now on texts, I can barely hear it. I have had a few come through with no sound at all. I wish these bugs would get worked out with new phones before they launch new updates.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2023 8:48 AM in response to myles7701

Same! I’m truly annoyed over this. I have certain text tones for people mostly for importance of answering because I’m not supposed to use my phone at work and my contacts I had text tones for know this so they only text in emergency. Plus the volume is so low now on texts, I can barely hear it. I have had a few come through with no sound at all. I wish these bugs would get worked out with new phones before they launch new updates.

May 23, 2024 2:13 PM in response to myles7701

I liked my text tone and voice alerts that I had before iOS 17 took them away. On top of that iOS 17 messed up a bunch of other things that I had set on my phone. I will never again allow another update to happen on this phone and I’m seriously considering switching to android This is absolutely ridiculous. I have spent hours trying to delete iOS 17 and get back to iOS 16 but it’s a complete pain in the a**. I would like a response from Apple.

Custom Text Tones Gone in iOS 17?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.