Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 15 Pro Battery Drain Issue

I have bought iPhone 15 pro recently. The expectation is battery should be efficient, but is performing poor than iPhone 11. Especially Findmy app is used all night. The battery went down from 55% to 32%. Please help me to fix this?

-SK

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 5:24 AM

Hey guys! Got my iPhone 15 Pro also 3 days ago and very upset with the battery capacity.

fullu charged at 7am when I wake up and not using a lot the phone. Some WhatsApp’s for working , around 4-5 calls 1 -4’ a rasgue duration. Even closing apps to try extend the charge and it’s now 2:22pm and I have 28% charge only? Come on this is a premium smartphone. Something is not working and apple should refix this issue.

Any other place where we can claim to apple for a solution, 1300€ phone and the battery does not survive at least 1 day in a normal use?

481 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 5:24 AM in response to saravanan81

Hey guys! Got my iPhone 15 Pro also 3 days ago and very upset with the battery capacity.

fullu charged at 7am when I wake up and not using a lot the phone. Some WhatsApp’s for working , around 4-5 calls 1 -4’ a rasgue duration. Even closing apps to try extend the charge and it’s now 2:22pm and I have 28% charge only? Come on this is a premium smartphone. Something is not working and apple should refix this issue.

Any other place where we can claim to apple for a solution, 1300€ phone and the battery does not survive at least 1 day in a normal use?

Mar 13, 2024 6:53 PM in response to saravanan81

I know it's very frustrating that you have bought a new phone and facing the drainage issue, let me assure you these are very premium devices and its very less likely that we can blame apple for this, however the drainage depends on how you use your iPhone and which power consuming apps, settings are enabled on your phone. While I researched on this issue online and found that there can be various things you should do in order to reduce the drainage, these include, turning off background refresh for certain apps, turning off location services if you are not using it, and force restarting. There are many more other tweaks as well. I can suggest you this guide gave it a read and apply the fixes if this could help: 7 Proven Steps to fix iPhone 15 Pro Battery Drain Issue

Oct 1, 2023 4:39 PM in response to saravanan81

I got my iphone 15 Pro yesterday and today spent the day out. From 11-5 and battery was almost dead when I got home (battery on 96% when I left home). I am NOT HAPPY AT ALL. Will be going back to my cellular provider on Monday. I had an 11 before and had it for 3 years. I was ready for a new phone because that battery wouldn't stay charged. The 15 Pro battery life is worse than my 3 year old 11!!! Hoping my carrier will have some answer on Monday.

My children got iphone 15's a week ago (not the Pro) and their batteries are lasting 18 hours.

Sep 30, 2023 6:34 AM in response to TheLittles

My wife has a severe battery collapse problem : iOS 17 iPhone 15 pro max. She gave me her 14 pro max, we leave at the same time with 100%. Two hours later 15 is at 31% and 14 is at 96%. Battery health says 100% peak performance. This is catastrophic. iPhone 15 pro max is in battery saving mode, all apps quit, bt and WiFi off and gps off. Battery % just keeps going down. Tried tuning iPhone off and on, no go. Also the always on display is off, and reduce motion is on. It’s on low framerate. Memory is mostly free. Big problem.

Oct 1, 2023 2:33 PM in response to saravanan81

Just bought my iPhone 15 proI charged my phone the entire night went out in the am and 2:28 phone is dead have to call plugs, external batteries or car chargers. Cause I got stuck without a phone or a charge now 4 times and. I no way to call an Uber or get to my car or walk as I'm not sure ever to go. Too much money and my iPhone 12 was better.

Sep 29, 2023 2:11 AM in response to Rioh82

Same as. I have upgraded from a 1st gen SE (yes 8 years old) whilst the 15 pro is faster the battery life is abysmal. For a 'flagship device' I think Apple have ripped us all off big time. Why not make the phone 2mm thicker and give us decent capacity? Leaving the phone unused seems to be the only way to get through an average day's use. It is rediculous to have to charge again mid afternoon! I purchased from Istore (where returns are only accepted in 'pristine unopened packaging' and then with a 20% forfeit (otherwise Apple would be getting the phone back to doubtlessly resell) I have been through ALL settings to optomise to highest efficiency possible. Even turned on Low power mode now. Apart from this power travisty I have found it buggy with issues such as dropped calls (with perfect reception) Front facing camera not working for FaceTime sometimes only fix I found was a phone reset. Also phone switching to Mobile data when wifi signal is perfect. All stuff I have NEVER seen before. Not sure Apple have a successful product here. The 14 didn't get best reception. Why not go for a two year release cycle and do the right thing for us (the customer) instead of pandering to commercial interests alone. Cynical opinion but I have to say as I find (AND READ!)

Sep 30, 2023 10:42 AM in response to Alexandre Lollini

My wife has a severe battery collapse problem : iOS 17 iPhone 15 pro max. She gave me her 14 pro max, we leave at the same time with 100%. Two hours later 15 is at 31% and 14 is at 96%. Battery health says 100% peak performance. This is catastrophic.[…].

———-

Return this iPhone or Get this iPhone Serviced:

It is catastrophic, and is nothing of new. Battery power and overheating are commonly reported on these forums for both of these models. So, see about getting this returned or serviced.

A. Take to an Appel store:

You'd setup a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store, taking it in for service. There, it will be diagnosed, and you'll be provided with your options.

Or...

B. Take this to an AASP:

See an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area...

Contacting an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the battery

Sep 27, 2023 10:55 PM in response to saravanan81

saravanan81 Said:

"iPhone 15 pro battery drain issue: I have bought iPhone 15 pro recently. The expectation is battery should be efficient, but is performing poor than iPhone 11. Especially Findmy app is used all night. The battery went down from 55% to 32%. Please help me to fix this?-SK

------

Troubleshooting a Draining iPhone Battery:

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine why, nor when, the Battery Health decreased. Apple recommends you get a new battery, when the Battery Health reaches 80% or less. So, who is the seller? If not Apple, then request a return. If Apple, then ask them if they will replace it, free-of-charge.

It's Time for a New Battery:

Your iPhone battery has degraded, and it is overheating, as a result. Applerecommends you get a new battery when the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower.

Where to get a New Battery:

Getting a New iPhone Battery:

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area. Be wary as to where you get this item, ask you may get an error of an ungenuine battery. So, to avoid this continual message, it is best to have an Apple or an AASP replace the battery. So, where to get a new battery:

A. Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :) 

B. Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the battery

iPhone 15 Pro Battery Drain Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.