How to connect Macbook Pro M2Pro with TV through HDMI.

My Macbook Pro M2Pro with HDMI doesn't work out audio receiving when I connect to a TV. Is there any other way or am I wrong to connect to the TV?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 10:06 PM

Hello Sciortino19,

I see that you're encountering audio problems when connecting your MacBook to your TV via HDMI. Let's work through this issue step by step.

1. First, ensure that your HDMI cable is securely connected to both your MacBook and your TV. If you're using a USB-C to HDMI adapter, make sure it's also firmly attached.

2. Now, access your Control Center from the top bar on your Mac. Locate and click on the AirPlay button. Confirm that your HDMI device is selected as the output source.

These steps should help resolve the audio issue you're experiencing. If the problem persists, feel free to provide more details so we can offer further assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2023 10:06 PM in response to Sciortino19

Hello Sciortino19,

I see that you're encountering audio problems when connecting your MacBook to your TV via HDMI. Let's work through this issue step by step.

1. First, ensure that your HDMI cable is securely connected to both your MacBook and your TV. If you're using a USB-C to HDMI adapter, make sure it's also firmly attached.

2. Now, access your Control Center from the top bar on your Mac. Locate and click on the AirPlay button. Confirm that your HDMI device is selected as the output source.

These steps should help resolve the audio issue you're experiencing. If the problem persists, feel free to provide more details so we can offer further assistance.

How to connect Macbook Pro M2Pro with TV through HDMI.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.