Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

After update to ios 17 my battery charge has been decreasing so fast and mobile is getting hot while using.Whats the issues about this update?Is it creating such type of problems?

After updating my iphone 11 to ios 17 the battery charge is decreasing so fast.using only 1hr the battery went to 76% charge from 100%.And also the mobule is getting hot too much to use.

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 11:48 PM

2 replies

Sep 25, 2023 12:23 AM in response to tahzib82

Give it three days.

If it is still troubling you then you may want to erase the contents entirely and set it up again from scratch. Make sure everything including photos is sync'd to iCloud first.

Back it up first in case the change is too great, but don't use the backup when setting up from scratch. Re-download all your essential apps and do not install VPN or security apps

Dec 6, 2023 8:39 PM in response to tahzib82

You are not alone! My battery level has also completely plummeted after this update. I've gone through every setting on my phone and turned off lots of features as well as updating all my apps in hopes that it would help, but nothing has.

Previous to update 17 I had excellent battery life; I'm using a 2nd Gen SE - it is an older model but the phone itself was nearly new. Now since the update I'm suddenly being told that my battery needs replaced.

Supposedly after any update there are background actions occurring that can affect battery life for awhile, but after a month nothing has gotten better.

Then of course they released 17.1.2, which only addressed some security issues, and next month another big update will be released, so who's to say how long we'll have to wait after it to see if it helps?

I really hope that they finally do something to fix this battery drain, but I'm not holding my breath.

Apple has a history of intentionally destroying battery life in an attempt to force users to upgrade, they've even been sued for it by entire countries and found to be liable.

But apparently that hasn't stopped them from continuing to engage in bad business practices that are only going to result in a lack of trust from their customers.

After this poor experience I don't think I'll buy anymore Apple products because there's no guarantee that they won't purposely make my device obsolete or refuse to fix update issues like this in a reasonable amount of time.

After update to ios 17 my battery charge has been decreasing so fast and mobile is getting hot while using.Whats the issues about this update?Is it creating such type of problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.