My printer is offline and I can't seem to re-add it to my Mac. What do you do if your printer is offline? How do you get it back on again please???

I've tried to add my printer again but the instructions (or me) aren't working and I cannot figure out how to fix it.

iMac 27″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 3:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 8:09 AM

If the Printer is not connected to your local Network,

see > https://123.hp.com/us/en/devices/envy6000series

If the printer is connected to your local Network, reset the Mac Printing System

as per > Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem - Apple Support

6 replies

Sep 25, 2023 7:44 AM in response to den.thed

Yes, the printer is offline. I. have spent all morning doing the. things it says to do but nothing is connecting my printer to the computer. I'm just stumped. When I try to add the printer again, which I have had to do in the past, I get a dialogue box that asks me for the name. i typed it in and hit search and nothing happened. There are two other places in that box to type the name of the computer, but they're grayed out and I can't type in those fields. I had a skull fracture recently and am really having trouble with things like this. I just can't remember how I fixed it before but I'm fairly sure I had to reinstall the printer to get it connected. Now I can't seem to figure out how to do that,.

My printer is offline and I can't seem to re-add it to my Mac. What do you do if your printer is offline? How do you get it back on again please???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.