Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iOS 17 Apple Pay Issue

Is anyone having issues with Apple Pay adding cards on iPhone 13 or later after upgrading to iOS 17?

When I go into wallet and then add it pops up a message stating - “Could Not Set Up Apple Pay” An error occurred while setting up Apple Pay.

If I go to Settings > General > About under Parts and Service Issue History. Apple Pay Issue. Your iPhone is currently unable to use Apple Pay.

Tried reloading iOS and resetting the phone but still the same?

Is this a known issue?

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 9:17 AM

17 replies

Oct 8, 2023 5:42 PM in response to Jd_7

I called Apple Pay yesterday and he was very doubtful of what I was telling him about Apple Pay not working after last update 17.0.3. However, he ran diagnostics and was very surprised that there was a hardware problem. He set an appt up for me to take my phone for repair for later next week. I couldn't wait that long, so took it to Geek Squad and sure enough, he stated that some part had been fried. Luckily, they had the part and installed. When I got home, it was not able to download my data from icloud and I ended up taking it back today to help with restore and update. It seems to be working fine right now, but I am going to have to re-input my credit cards. I did not pay anything although I am still in Apple Care period.

iOS 17 Apple Pay Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.