Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing/Backing Up GarageBand files to Mac

I recently found my old iPad 2 which hasn't been turned on since c. 2015. There are lots of GarageBand songs I started there that are not in iCloud, and I want to back them up/save them for posterity. What's the best way to do this safely? I have not connected the iPad to WiFi yet because I'm afraid of losing them if iCloud syncs its current files to the iPad. When I go into the iPad in Finder, under the "Files" section there are 7 songs listed in the GarageBand app, but there are about 30 in the app itself.

iPad 2

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 9:52 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 30, 2023 7:35 AM in response to shell289

Hi shell289,

It sounds like 7 of your songs have been exported to the Files app, but the rest remain in GarageBand. If this is the case, you should be able to export the ones in GarageBand. This GarageBand User Guide for iPad article shows several ways to export those songs without using iCloud: Share songs with GarageBand for iPad - Apple Support

If you export them to the Files app, you may be able to Connect external storage devices to iPad to save them directly.

Good luck and warmest wishes.

Syncing/Backing Up GarageBand files to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.