You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I updated the watch to version 10.0.1 golf is no longer exercise. Today 4.75 hrs of golf

Since I updated the watch to version 10.0.1 golf is no longer exercise. Today 4.75 hrs of golf = 6 mins of exercise.

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 6:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 2:37 PM

Active calorie count on Apple Watch Golf workout still way off what it used to be - about 1/2 of all previous versions. Playing 18 used to be about 1400 active cals burned...now it's about 650. Updated to latest iOS (17.1) and watchOS (10.1) as well -

Know the algorithms can change but this is quite a big one

Anyone else seeing this?

51 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 2, 2023 2:37 PM in response to dd2ski2b

Active calorie count on Apple Watch Golf workout still way off what it used to be - about 1/2 of all previous versions. Playing 18 used to be about 1400 active cals burned...now it's about 650. Updated to latest iOS (17.1) and watchOS (10.1) as well -

Know the algorithms can change but this is quite a big one

Anyone else seeing this?

Dec 18, 2023 8:58 PM in response to toddamiit

I always thought the calories burned were high when I rode a cart, but I reasonable when walk and carry my bag. Now I am getting about the same calories per mile walking as when I walk the dog. I also get almost no exercise minutes. Hope apple sorts this out. I am prettty fit, resting heart around 50, rarely over 70 when I play golf. I suspect Apple only uses heart rate to determine active calories.

Feb 13, 2024 7:01 PM in response to dd2ski2b

Golf hasn’t worked on my watch since the last update. Today I golfed 18’holes and walked. The watch gave me three miles and 6 exercise minutes.

it irritates me that Apple hasn’t addressed this problem yet gives me challenges that are based on my historical achievements.

The watch doesn’t have much value if the algorithms fail.

No response from Apple. This seems to be ignored.

Sep 29, 2023 4:35 PM in response to dd2ski2b

Yes I have the same problem since updating last week. I figure it has to be some bug in the new software update.

I the meantime until gets fixed I use Functional training to get my workout time (of 4hr. & 30 min) and the calories are about half of my rounds of golf prior to this problem (used to get about 1150 calories for a 4.5 hr round). And now I get 8 minutes of activity time (for a 4.5 hour round) and 380 calories.

Sep 25, 2023 6:23 PM in response to dd2ski2b

If it is not visible when you select the Workout App, scroll to the bottom of the "Workout App" Watch Face, choose "Add Workout" and tap "Golf." Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch explains:

"Add a workout

You can browse and add new workout types to the Workout app.

1. On your Apple Watch, open the Workout app.
  2. Scroll down and tap Add Workout.
  3. Tap the desired workout."

Since I updated the watch to version 10.0.1 golf is no longer exercise. Today 4.75 hrs of golf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.