HELP! issues with icloud storage and photo syncing.

So ive had my phone a long time(11) and its always had trouble syncing the photos from my old phone. I recently decided to buy the .99 plan for icloud+, to get back all of those old memories if i could. i only have 739 photos on this current phone. Well, now all of my freshly bought storage is taken and it says i have 1k photos syncing now, but i still can only see the 739 i have. And a majority of my freshly bought space is taken by apps now; even though i only have 4-5 on this phone only taking ~156mb or less. So my fresh storage is being taken by photos and apps i can’t even see! HELP!!!

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 7:27 PM

HelpIcloudspaceissues Said:

"HELP! issues with icloud storage and photo syncing."

Thank you or the screenshot.

Clear Space --Rid of "System Data" (Formerly Called "Other"):

See that gray line of the far-right end of the line ? It is called System Storage (formerly called "Other"). You can rid of it. See my User Tip: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

Screenshot:

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2023 7:27 PM in response to HelpIcloudspaceissues

"HELP! issues with icloud storage and photo syncing."

Thank you or the screenshot.

Clear Space --Rid of "System Data" (Formerly Called "Other"):

See that gray line of the far-right end of the line ? It is called System Storage (formerly called "Other"). You can rid of it. See my User Tip: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

Screenshot:

Sep 26, 2023 12:45 AM in response to HelpIcloudspaceissues

"HELP! issues with icloud storage and photo syncing.The issue is doesn’t getting rid of that require a backup? my phone hasn’t backed up in months. i’m okay with doing what i have to do but my phone doesn’t even have enough space to back it up right now. thank you for the help it means a lot!"

-------

You are welcome.

Proud to hear that my User Tip is helpful to you too, as it is to many: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

Sep 25, 2023 7:53 PM in response to muguy

so the app storage is truly reflective of what i currently have on my phone? right after i bought the storage my phone showed it had SO much space, everything i had was virtually only 5gb of the 60. it somehow jumped hours later to being where it is now. Is there a way to fix that too? or will that get back under control once i fix the other issues?

HELP! issues with icloud storage and photo syncing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.