Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Charging on hold due to Iphone temperature

From past couple of month i am experiencing this problem, whenever i charge my phone and when battery reaches around 80% it says “charging was on hold due to Iphone temperature “ this i feel must be heating the battery and reducing its life. In never thought of such kind of issue will arise in apple phones while purchasing it, can some one from apple help

iPhone 13

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 11:02 PM

faiz270 Said:

"Charging on hold due to Iphone temperature: From past couple of month i am experiencing this problem, whenever i charge my phone and when battery reaches around 80% it says “charging was on hold due to Iphone temperature “ this i feel must be heating the battery and reducing its life. In never thought of such kind of issue will arise in apple phones while purchasing it, can some one from apple help"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed. Apple will know nothing of this occurrence, if you don't report it to them.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when this issue began, and how you have troubleshot it, thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2023 11:02 PM in response to faiz270

faiz270 Said:

"Charging on hold due to Iphone temperature: From past couple of month i am experiencing this problem, whenever i charge my phone and when battery reaches around 80% it says “charging was on hold due to Iphone temperature “ this i feel must be heating the battery and reducing its life. In never thought of such kind of issue will arise in apple phones while purchasing it, can some one from apple help"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed. Apple will know nothing of this occurrence, if you don't report it to them.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when this issue began, and how you have troubleshot it, thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Sep 26, 2023 8:20 AM in response to faiz270

The whole point of the hold is to maintain the battery within the appropriate temperature range.

The message itself is new, but iPhone has long (silently) done this.

iPhone with Optimized Battery Charging enabled and predictable charging patterns also pauses charging at 80% until shortly before usual first usage, to avoid fully charging and holding there unnecessarily.

May 4, 2024 8:47 AM in response to faiz270

"Charging on hold due to Iphone 12 temperature: From past couple of month i am experiencing this problem, whenever i charge my phone and when battery reaches around 80% it says “charging was on hold due to Iphone temperature “ this i feel must be heating the battery and reducing its life. In never thought of such kind of issue will arise in apple phones while purchasing it, can some one from apple help"

-------

May 4, 2024 8:52 AM in response to nimesh214

nimesh214 wrote:

"Charging on hold due to Iphone 12 temperature: From past couple of month i am experiencing this problem, whenever i charge my phone and when battery reaches around 80% it says “charging was on hold due to Iphone temperature “ this i feel must be heating the battery and reducing its life. In never thought of such kind of issue will arise in apple phones while purchasing it, can some one from apple help"
-------

There is nothing wrong with your phone and this is now a normal statement when the phone reaches 80% especially if you are fast charging your iPhone. We all now get such statements and is no cause for concern.

Charging on hold due to Iphone temperature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.