How to add another persons Mac Book and iPhone to the Find My app

My spouse and I would like to be able to find each others mac books and iPhones. How do we make our equipment "findable" by the other?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 11:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 11:30 PM

You need to set up find my Mac Set up Find My on Mac - Apple Support , for that sign in with same Apple ID and password on the network between devices and set up find my in iPhone Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support Read Add your Mac to Find My - Apple Support

The friend has to join find my friends Find people and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2023 11:30 PM in response to Hood Canal

You need to set up find my Mac Set up Find My on Mac - Apple Support , for that sign in with same Apple ID and password on the network between devices and set up find my in iPhone Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support Read Add your Mac to Find My - Apple Support

The friend has to join find my friends Find people and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

How to add another persons Mac Book and iPhone to the Find My app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.