Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

apple tv 3d gen will not accept new password

I am trying to enter my user name and password in my apple TV 3d gen. Every time it says, Password or user name incorrect. I have unlocked my account and reset the password. what do I do now?

Apple TV 3, 8

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 1:31 AM

Did you follow the steps mentioned in this related article?

Apple TV

To play content from your Mac or PC on an Apple TV HD, go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud.

On Apple TV (3rd generation or earlier) go to Settings > iCloud.

• If you're signed out, choose Sign In. You'll be asked to sign in with the Apple ID that you entered for the iTunes Store. If you use the same Apple ID for iCloud and the iTunes Store, choose Yes.
  • If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID, choose Sign Out, then choose Sign In. You'll be asked to sign in with the Apple ID that you entered for the iTunes Store. If you use the same Apple ID for iCloud and the iTunes Store, choose Yes.

copied from: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 1:31 AM in response to Taz1961

Did you follow the steps mentioned in this related article?

Apple TV

To play content from your Mac or PC on an Apple TV HD, go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud.

On Apple TV (3rd generation or earlier) go to Settings > iCloud.

• If you're signed out, choose Sign In. You'll be asked to sign in with the Apple ID that you entered for the iTunes Store. If you use the same Apple ID for iCloud and the iTunes Store, choose Yes.
  • If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID, choose Sign Out, then choose Sign In. You'll be asked to sign in with the Apple ID that you entered for the iTunes Store. If you use the same Apple ID for iCloud and the iTunes Store, choose Yes.

copied from: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Sep 26, 2023 3:01 AM in response to Taz1961

If you have a legacy Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

apple tv 3d gen will not accept new password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.