Sharing iClouds

I have several apple devices and two icloud accounts. How do I prevent them from merging? Currently both cell phones, watch and one laptop is associated with one icloud acc and another laptop is on one. I want one laptop/watch/one phone on one and one laptop/phone on the other.

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 8:55 AM

You would need to sign out of the account you no longer want to have on the one iPhone and log in with the account you want to have on it.

Make sure you select the option to remove iCloud content from the iPhone you are switching to the new account.

Go to Settings ➜ Apple ID, scroll all the way to the bottom, and then tap on Sign Out. Then Sign in with the Apple ID you want to use on it.

A better alternative, is to simply Erase the iPhone, and set it up as new with the Apple ID you want on it, so nothing from the old Apple ID remains on it.

click here ➜ What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 8:55 AM in response to Jazzmin242

You would need to sign out of the account you no longer want to have on the one iPhone and log in with the account you want to have on it.

Make sure you select the option to remove iCloud content from the iPhone you are switching to the new account.

Go to Settings ➜ Apple ID, scroll all the way to the bottom, and then tap on Sign Out. Then Sign in with the Apple ID you want to use on it.

A better alternative, is to simply Erase the iPhone, and set it up as new with the Apple ID you want on it, so nothing from the old Apple ID remains on it.

click here ➜ What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Sharing iClouds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.