If I delete a mail account, will emails received and sent from that account be deleted?

I have become unable to send or receive email via 'apple mail' on my Mac book air. There is no problem sending and receiving using all the same settings on my iPhone and no problem using the mail providers (ID Net) web mail site. I have checked all the mail account settings with mail provider ID Net, they are all correct. I have read on the apple site that last resort is delete the mail account and then re-add the account. Problem is when I go to delete the mail account i'm warned by an on screen message 'Are you sure - Deleting this account will remove its data from

mail'. Does this message mean I will lose the emails? or just the mail account settings data?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 1:24 PM

stevenfromsale wrote:

I have become unable to send or receive email via 'apple mail' on my Mac book air. There is no problem sending and receiving using all the same settings on my iPhone and no problem using the mail providers (ID Net) web mail site. I have checked all the mail account settings with mail provider ID Net, they are all correct. I have read on the apple site that last resort is delete the mail account and then re-add the account. Problem is when I go to delete the mail account i'm warned by an on screen message 'Are you sure - Deleting this account will remove its data from
mail'. Does this message mean I will lose the emails? or just the mail account settings data?

It's going to remove your mail for your macbook, then when you add the account again it gets added back. Those emails should be on your email provider's server.

Contact them to double check.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 1:24 PM in response to stevenfromsale

stevenfromsale wrote:

It's going to remove your mail for your macbook, then when you add the account again it gets added back. Those emails should be on your email provider's server.

Contact them to double check.

If I delete a mail account, will emails received and sent from that account be deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.