Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails are not being deleted from Mail

If I delete an email from the Apple Mail application on my MacBook Air it returns in a few minutes. In order to delete an email from the MacBook, I need to delete that e-mail from my IOS email application. I have tried several different MacBook email clients and none of them solve the problem.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 10:43 AM

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If you have no POP accounts & they’re all IMAP accounts then in Mail’s Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2023 10:43 AM in response to tomw273

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If you have no POP accounts & they’re all IMAP accounts then in Mail’s Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

Emails are not being deleted from Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.